What songs do you like that have a great music intro before the vocal comes in. A few that comes to mind are 'Gimme Shelter' by The Rolling Stones, 'Bohemian Like You' by Dandy Warhols and 'Pretty Vacant' by The Sex Pistols.

There are so many and I agree, 'Pretty Vacant's strident intro comes immediately to mind.

A couple of unusual and original ones:

Baba O'Riley - The Who

Burn it Down (Dance Stance) - Dexy's Midnight Runners

A rather strange one from Rod's Album, Every Picture tells a story,

"O.Henry" (Martin Quittenton), precedes the Maggie May track.

Nice one Stu....................gotta agree on both counts, best intro, best love song..........

How do you get the video clips on here, do you have to be signed up to 'You Tube'?

No, it's really simple Michael.

Just bring up YouTube on you computer.

Search in the field for your artist/song.

Right click on the url and from the drop down menu select 'copy'.

Right click on the reply box here and select 'paste'.

Post your message.

Apologies if I'm telling you stuff you already know.

Nice one Stu....................gotta agree on both counts, best intro, best love song..........

Glad it's not just me Paulus. I think the album it comes from is the best album of all-time too.

denshaw, it was 'Youth Of Today'. One of the greatest ever intro's has to be 'Silver Machine' by Hawkwind. How do you get the video clips on here, do you have to be signed up to 'You Tube'?

Thanks Michael.

Glad it's not just me Paulus. I think the album it comes from is the best album of all-time too.

Stu, I can recall my first introduction to the Beach Boys, I was on the family 2 weeks 'sabbatical' to Mablethorpe (1964), with a couple of pals, & blasting out of the Waltzers on the seafront 'Pullover' was 'I get Around' , there was I at the seaside, listening to a surfin' song, boy did we feel cool!! for some reason we 'identified' with that song, it was us!! well for all of 2 weeks, then back home to reality............... :cool:

I Always return the the 'Beach Boys'. I never get tired of listening to them.

:)

Intro on: 'Wouldn't It Be Nice?' - simple yet beautiful and then when the drum HITS . . . .

:)

Intro on: 'California Girls' - Blissful, tuneful opening, moving into riffs . . .

Spent 3 hours on youtube, t'other night, just beach boys stuff, so sad to see & hear Brian Wilson now, I just pray that he will always be able to play his beloved music... :unsure:

Summer of '66 at Chapel St Leonards. Vying for No 1 in the charts were the 'Beatles' versus the 'Beach Boys'. For the 'Beatles' it was 'Eleanor Rigby' and for the 'Beach Boys' it was either 'God Only Knows' or 'Good Vibrations'. Perhaps you would know better - being as you're on this folic acid stuff!!? :biggrin: I might add it was a glorious music filled week.

Chapel eh? There's posh, all summers felt full of Beach Boys songs.............what wonderful times

The remaining members are

Brian Wilson

Al Jardine

Mike Love

Bruce Johnson

David Marks

A single has been released called Thats why God made the radio and they are planning a 50th anniversary tour