Photos to cheer us up

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a bit of a clearout at home & found a CD I had created in 2003 full of photo's that I had taken with my first digital camera, an Olympus E860, 1.3 MP ! Some of these photo's I had forgotte

Two years ago we were celebrating my husband's birthday here, on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. The week-long stay was arranged with his brother, sister and their spouses. Unbeknown to everyone, excep

We don't have up to date mobiles to take instant photo's with, so you can imagine the chances of finding the camera, setting it up, getting as close as possible to the patio window and getting this li

What's that black rock you're burning..........

Your memory must be fading - it's a special stone made from wood stored in the ground. Took 300 million years to make and well worth the wait.

Our coal supply came from Bentinck and was quite hard. Had its advantages though - Great fun when we had a bit of "Rattlejack" on the fire.

I know I'm only a young 'un, but I miss having an open fire. Used to get up at around 5 o'clock Christmas morning to make sure the fire was still in to make it nice and snug for my kids, when they awoke.....then utter bedlam!! Happy day's.....

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took this and a few more on Wednesday.

DSC_0114.jpg

They were taken in Mammoth Spring State Park, one of the largest natural springs in the world.

DSC_0110.jpg

It's a weir, was built to form the large lake so as a water generator could be installed in the early 1900's to provide power for Mammoth Spring township. The turbine and generator house is to the right of the weir.

All the water flowing over the weir is from the spring. Millions of gallons a minute!!

My brother's just come back from a cruise of the Greek Islands and said it was disgusting...food/service/stink of toilets in cabin,and no hot water,he was glad to get home.

The last cruise I went on was marvelous..£62 all in on the P&O Chusan.Canary Islands had banana plantations right down to the beaches..now it's all concrete.Kids ran barefoot and the only people with money were the churches that were dripping with gold.Spain was interesting as General Franco had just snuffed it....I'm thinking of going again in a couple of centuries.

Jess, that picture was taken on a re-positioning cruise from Miami to Vancouver, stopping in Honduras, Costa Rica, Colombia, through the Panama Canal, then Acapulco and Manzanilla, Mex, San Francisco, Victoria BC and finishing in Vancouver. We loved every minute.