Photos to cheer us up

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a bit of a clearout at home & found a CD I had created in 2003 full of photo's that I had taken with my first digital camera, an Olympus E860, 1.3 MP ! Some of these photo's I had forgotte

Two years ago we were celebrating my husband's birthday here, on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. The week-long stay was arranged with his brother, sister and their spouses. Unbeknown to everyone, excep

We don't have up to date mobiles to take instant photo's with, so you can imagine the chances of finding the camera, setting it up, getting as close as possible to the patio window and getting this li

Final picture.

I took this after driving toward Cooke City which is the north east entrance into Yellowstone park. I was about twenty mile from Cooke City when the coyote ran across the road and vanished into the long grass at the side. Moments later it emerged with this in its mouth. The "IT" was in fact a baby Badger. After the coyote trotted away the mother came out and gave chase. I managed to get snaps of the chase as it zig-zagged up the side of a mountain and over the top by which time the baby was dead

deltocook003_zps06509fbc.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • 4 months later...

I've been out "brush hogging" my north west field, most of the time I've had a pair of buzzards circling overhead, as sometimes they get a free meal when I hit the odd snake, rabbit or turtle with the blades.

• Upvote 1

I took some photos of the flowering dogwood the other day, I'll have to upload some and post them.

• 2 weeks later...

...and the early ones had a Villiers motorcycle engine!

If only we knew then what we know now ......... we had an old car 30+ years ago with the number plate JJ1918, might have got a few bob for it now. My husband had so many old, and I mean OLD, cars in the 60s that just went eventually to the scrap yards. If only he'd hung on to them. He even had an Austin 7 that was a bit wrecked so he decided to dump it by driving it into a bomb crater 'darn sarf' (where he lived).

I know what you mean, Lizzie. My first car, a 1960 Anglia which I bought off my uncle for £50 in 1975, had the registration 32 HRR. After 18 months, I flogged it for what I paid and thought I'd done well.

And then found out a year or two later that the plate was worth £2000 even then. :(

• Upvote 1

When was the last time you saw three Bond minicars in a Morrison's car park at the same time.

bond3.jpg

OCG7 REG'D 1955 Engine 197cc

3 BOJ REG'D 1968 Engine 875cc

Can't seem to find any info on the other bond sorry

Puts me in mind of a holiday in Scotland when, in a layby at the top of a very steep hill, we saw a Bond three wheeler with tow bar and caravan attached!

• Upvote 1