Photos to cheer us up

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a bit of a clearout at home & found a CD I had created in 2003 full of photo's that I had taken with my first digital camera, an Olympus E860, 1.3 MP ! Some of these photo's I had forgotte

Two years ago we were celebrating my husband's birthday here, on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. The week-long stay was arranged with his brother, sister and their spouses. Unbeknown to everyone, excep

We don't have up to date mobiles to take instant photo's with, so you can imagine the chances of finding the camera, setting it up, getting as close as possible to the patio window and getting this li

#247. That meal will cost you £6.60 in Wetherspoons. But, if you buy it between 2pm and 5pm Monday to Thursday, you can have it, with a pint of beer of your choice, for £6.25. No wonder Wetherspoons is so popular.

• Upvote 1

That may be so Chula but, there is absolutely no comparison between Epton's & J D Wetherspoon's.

It's like trying to compare prime sirloin steak to old boot leather !

Yes the prices are good at Wetherspoon's that's why the place gets full of chav families from Aspleh with screaming, out of control brats.

• Upvote 2

Come off it, CF. There are many Wetherspoons without chav families and screaming brats, in fact the Bulwell branch seems to be the only one. I'll take your word that Eptons fish and chips are superior to Wetherspoon's, but there is nothing wrong with those at JDW.

That will never happen, CF. Have already posted reason why I will never, ever, visit Skegness again. Last time was 1965.

iVE been barred from the odd pub Chulla'.....and oh yes a Village once.......but never from anywhere as big as 'Skegness'....lol.

• Upvote 1

Hey CF, I haven't compared Eptons fish and chips with Wetherspoons. I have bowed to your knowledge that Epton's taste better than Wetherspoons (#254). I wasn't banned from Skeggy, Benji; it was self-imposed exile.

• Upvote 1

My dear Chulla, they will forgive you ! hellothere

I will say Dave that the fish & chips in Wetherspoon's aint too bad, in fact it is a good deal after all. Washed down with a pimt of Abbot Ale is no bad thing either, AND you don't have to drive eighty odd bleedin miles to enjoy them !

Unless of course you went to Wetherspoon's in SKEGGY !

• Upvote 1

They do say every cloud has a silver lining and just maybe theres a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Both photos were taken a couple of weeks ago.

image_zpskhlw5d4o.jpeg

image_zpsohtafvmm.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a lovely painting of the Northern Lights hanging in the "Galleri Syvstjerna" in Hmamerfest, northern Norway. The painting is by the gallery owner:

12239600_10205437985771558_9796310504670

• Upvote 4
  • 3 weeks later...

In the covered area outside at the garden center this afternoon, we were listening to a bird singing so beautifully and so loud. We stood looking upwards to see if we could find it in the beams, when all of a sudden we realised it was right next to me, about three foot away from my head. A Robin, and it was looking straight at us, just singing away. A Magical Moment.

Photo0019_1.jpg

• Upvote 4

When we were courting, Chris's mum used to have a Robin with one leg come into the house every day for food; one day she found it dead in the garden and she was heart broken. While visiting friends in the summer, we were sitting in the garden and our friend held out his hand with meal worms in and the Robin would keep settling on his hand and feed from it. I agree there is something special about Robins. Ours today seemed to be looking right in our eyes, no fear what so ever. That little bird really lifted our spirits.

nonnaB, I would like to think so, and what a lovely serenade it was as well.

• Upvote 1

Catfan,I think I jumped the gun..and missing Motown may not have needed to have done a bunk!!...looking back in the history of this site Mick you put up some lovely Arboretum pics ( not meet up!) of some lovely flowers.

• 2 months later...

Having a bit of a clearout at home & found a CD I had created in 2003 full of photo's that I had taken with my first digital camera, an Olympus E860, 1.3 MP !

Some of these photo's I had forgotten about as was quite surprised. Unlike printed photo's, digital never fade.

Here are some of our cat family we loved over the years, now all sadly gone to Rainbow Bridge, but happy memories.

Sandy, one of our fist cats, who would be about twenty years old now

PC310027_zpsajp8sp7a.jpg

Dinky who would have been twenty six now who we adopted when she was twelve years old.

PC280006_zpshtxqbwtb.jpg

Tiger opening her Christmas stocking !

PC250014_zpsdlfba0g0.jpg

Sooty, twin brother of Tiger.

PB250007_zps3whuemx0.jpg

Gus, my favourite, always close by.

PB080001_zpswvazymuf.jpg

PA170003_zpswvuliuq3.jpg

Tiger.

PC310033_zps4ykquoak.jpg

Sooty.

PC310029_zpsum2yd9kr.jpg

• Upvote 11

No Ian, Sandy was much more red / ginger, Monty is light brown. Sandy was very much laid back, a gentle giant.

Monty on the other hand is bone idle, lazy but he is a THUG ! Next door's two Dobermans are terrified of him beleive it or not bowdown

We class him as a "loveable rogue !" hellothere

• Upvote 3