Photos to cheer us up

Cretaceous rock formations.... ...the Carstone Formation (orange) at the cliff base, followed above by the Hunstanton Formation (red) formerly known as the Red Chalk, and the Ferriby Chalk (white) extending to the cliff-top.  Spent many a happy hour there when in the RAF in Norfolk.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a bit of a clearout at home & found a CD I had created in 2003 full of photo's that I had taken with my first digital camera, an Olympus E860, 1.3 MP ! Some of these photo's I had forgotte

Two years ago we were celebrating my husband's birthday here, on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. The week-long stay was arranged with his brother, sister and their spouses. Unbeknown to everyone, excep

We don't have up to date mobiles to take instant photo's with, so you can imagine the chances of finding the camera, setting it up, getting as close as possible to the patio window and getting this li

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took this photo on a Caithness Field Club trip to Ousedale on the border of Caithness and Sutherland on Saturday morning. Believe it or not, a 96yr old man (He's 97 in December) turned up and managed to get within a hundred yards of where I was standing when I took this picture! There were NO tracks or paths on our route, just rough heather and bracken moorland. In the evening he was going to a wedding dance, anorl!  I take my hat off to him!

44432346144_8f4b2ec556_b.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks, gang!  I tool them early in the morning with the intention of capturing shafts of sunlight filtering through the trees. Alas, I didn't quite manage it. 

• 2 months later...

So, this year I have two photos in the "Caithness County Calendar 2019". I submitted four photos and these two were selected for inclusion:

1: Morven through a window at Wag:

40919560620_67e1651a9f_b.jpg

2. Watten Harvest:

44465884051_6af3b54975_b.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
21 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Nice pictures. But as only about six people live in Caithness you did stand a fair chance of them being selected! :biggrin:

I said as much to the press office when I went in to collect my "prize" of one free calendar and a 'Caithness Memories' A4 format book of images. 

:rotfl:

..........and only you and the bloke down the road had a camera!

...and his doesn't work!