Photos to cheer us up

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a bit of a clearout at home & found a CD I had created in 2003 full of photo's that I had taken with my first digital camera, an Olympus E860, 1.3 MP ! Some of these photo's I had forgotte

Two years ago we were celebrating my husband's birthday here, on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. The week-long stay was arranged with his brother, sister and their spouses. Unbeknown to everyone, excep

We don't have up to date mobiles to take instant photo's with, so you can imagine the chances of finding the camera, setting it up, getting as close as possible to the patio window and getting this li

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:29 PM, Compo said:

Which legs, Brew?

Above the ladies head next to the tree trunk...

On 12/21/2018 at 12:17 PM, Gem said:

Looking at the second photo posted by Compo i think i could live there, what a view.

The mountain is in the south of the county and the Loch, village and harvest location is just across the road from my house, Gem.  Here's one I have posted before, taken from my bedroom window:

40365642545_6aae35c098_b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Compo, i have only one word....envy.     I have lived as a city girl most of my life so changing to the lifestyle you enjoy would not be practical, although saying that i now live in Staithes thats also quite isolated.

• Like 1

Yes, I've visited Staithes a couple of times but the road's so steep when you have to walk down and then up! You must be very fit, Gem...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MargieH said:

Yes, I've visited Staithes a couple of times but the road's so steep when you have to walk down and then up! You must be very fit, Gem...

I live in the old village Margie, across the beck in Cowbar. Cowbar is one of the few places that has parking spaces outside of your house, its a rare occasion that i attempt the main bank. 

• Like 1

Just testing Canon Irista. Flickr are now limiting the amount of free storage space and consequently, I need a new store for my digital photos. This site came with the camera but I haven't yet mastered the art of using it. ....nope, the image address is not being recognised by the forum.

https://www.irista.com/gallery/d5el3wj3ov2a 

So, it will recognise the link but now how do I get the link to show the image on the forum page, I wonder?  Ah got it. It seems that you have to put the photo into an album before you can get the image address out of it. 

This is just a test photo and shows the meltwater drains in Santiago, Chile. You can see teh Andes in the upper section of the photo in a mist:706_91d35240-e208-4f14-99f8-b1c08571f886

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

A great place Compo!

As a retirement treat...heading to La Paz later this year...a lifelong dream.

Lots of paperwork though.

Best get a move on 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Better still Gem.......give him a 'National dried milk can'' some string and hook up to your mate down the road,,   ''Hello Harry receiving ? ''

No F... OFF Ben,, this is his Dad and i'm trying to sleep after a night shift,,,

• Like 1
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Better still Gem.......give him a 'National dried milk can'' some string and hook up to your mate down the road,,   ''Hello Harry receiving ? ''

No F... OFF Ben,, this is his Dad and i'm trying to sleep after a night shift,,,

Ben, him is actually a her maybe a very masculine one but her it is. Look carefully at the sides of the head "curlers" .

18 hours ago, IAN123. said:

As a retirement treat...heading to La Paz later this year...a lifelong dream.

Ian, I have travelled extensively over the past fifty years and South MAerica is the one place that I have been robbed. It happened a few weeks agom in Quito, Ecuador, so may I offer a small piece of advice? You are almost certainly travel-wise but don't put your bag down on the floor in South America, unless you put your leg through the strap.  The bag thieves are expert at lifting bags...even from under your table. 

• Like 2

Thanks and have a great trip, Ian.

Here's a photo I took in the Andes in Southern Chile. A mountain glacier:

31558592467_4a386f670c_c.jpg

• Like 3

Went to Helmsdale for the sunrise yesterday. 

49589693_10213480484509000_8403214831586

49783377_10213480486109040_5954543200340

49628787_10213480486349046_3183710225454

....and later that morning, up on the moors above Helmsdale; this is Strath Ullie. Note the rail, river and road all side-by-side in the centre, as they wind their way up the valley:

49535888_10213480499629378_1111333520963

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

We don't have up to date mobiles to take instant photo's with, so you can imagine the chances of finding the camera, setting it up, getting as close as possible to the patio window and getting this little beauty was quite a feat, all in less than a minute. Then Jenny was gone. Leaving us thrilled like a pair of kids. Hope this works?

Nearly right?

jw2.jpg

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

So pleased you enjoyed it. A one off I think.

Part of the reason the photo is a bit fuzzy could probably be the double glazed glass, which hasn't been cleaned inside or outside since the beginning of December! Can't get the cleaners you know.:biggrin:

PS Can't take the credit, the photographer was Chris.

• Like 1