Photos to cheer us up

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a bit of a clearout at home & found a CD I had created in 2003 full of photo's that I had taken with my first digital camera, an Olympus E860, 1.3 MP ! Some of these photo's I had forgotte

Two years ago we were celebrating my husband's birthday here, on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. The week-long stay was arranged with his brother, sister and their spouses. Unbeknown to everyone, excep

We don't have up to date mobiles to take instant photo's with, so you can imagine the chances of finding the camera, setting it up, getting as close as possible to the patio window and getting this li

Carni: When taking photos through glass you will find that a certain amount of light is reflected from the galzed surfacce. This makes it difficult for an aoutofocus to decide exactly what the subject should be. The result can be a bit of blurring as it tries to catch what it thinks is the image required. you can reduce this effect by taking your photo on manual focus.

• Like 1
On 1/6/2019 at 12:01 PM, Compo said:

light is reflected from the galzed surfacce.

Thank you Compo. One of the problems that we have en counted when taking photos through the window,  is reflection of what ever we have on the coffee table, which is just inside the window, in the middle. At the moment we have a white Orchid plant, but Chris took the photo from the right hand side, so we got away with it. 

Most of our bird feeders and bird bath are just a few feet from the house, so our pictures will always be through glass. Will give the manual  focus a try.

• Like 2

What a good job has been done Ian, I love the decor. Someone has very good taste. I thought how much the young lady resembled me, and then I thought 'Well,  I am allowed to dream aren't I'. :biggrin:Beats Drums and Guitars any day.:)

• Like 2

We had cause to visit Nottm today, but 'Alas' due to ill relations we had to abandon todays house visits at last minute. So not to waste the day, we dropped son and partner at Wollaton Park, for 4hrs and we drove around enjoying the scenery . Lovely views around Woodborough. Firstly we drove to Stoke Bardolph and enjoyed our sandwiches by the river, in the car park opposite 'The Ferry Boat''. Took the opportunity to get this shot of a Cormarant on the opposite shore, showing off its wing span, which isn't massive but impressive and usefull. At least it wasn't munching a gigantic Eel, as the last time I saw one. Here goes!

DSCN0934.jpg

• Like 8

Lovely photo, I belonged to a sailing club there. I crewed for a family who lived near us at Cinderhill. I must have been about 20-21. But I remember the Ferry Boat. Great times.

That’s interesting Nonna, at that time I spent every Sunday on the river, just downstream at Gunthorpe and Hoveringham, water-skiing.   We used to have a few drinks in The Unicorn or Elm Tree, Hoveringham on Sunday evenings.  I watched the moon landing at the Elm Tree.  

A lad I was at school with used to sail on the Trent, he progressed to being in the Olympic team, then Manager of the team, then President of the RYA and then Head of UK Sport.  No names, he’s still alive! 

• Upvote 1

Well blow me down, I skied at Gunthorpe $%""^ yrs ago.

Big tip - try not to come off at the turn point Nottingham side of the bridge. One, it's only a few inches deep. Two, it's where the cows come down to drink and pee in the water...

• Upvote 2
On 1/13/2019 at 5:36 PM, carni said:

We had cause to visit Nottm today, but 'Alas' due to ill relations we had to abandon todays house visits at last minute. So not to waste the day, we dropped son and partner at Wollaton Park, for 4hrs and we drove around enjoying the scenery . Lovely views around Woodborough. Firstly we drove to Stoke Bardolph and enjoyed our sandwiches by the river, in the car park opposite 'The Ferry Boat''. Took the opportunity to get this shot of a Cormarant on the opposite shore, showing off its wing span, which isn't massive but impressive and usefull. At least it wasn't munching a gigantic Eel, as the last time I saw one. Here goes!

DSCN0934.jpg

Interesting picture! By choice they would eat nothing else but eels..a bit like me with beans on toast!

You're doing a grand job HSR. Stick with it.

• Like 1