Photos to cheer us up

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a bit of a clearout at home & found a CD I had created in 2003 full of photo's that I had taken with my first digital camera, an Olympus E860, 1.3 MP ! Some of these photo's I had forgotte

Two years ago we were celebrating my husband's birthday here, on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. The week-long stay was arranged with his brother, sister and their spouses. Unbeknown to everyone, excep

We don't have up to date mobiles to take instant photo's with, so you can imagine the chances of finding the camera, setting it up, getting as close as possible to the patio window and getting this li

Always cheers me and Mrs P when we look at this picture,lovely memories of Llandudno and what a surprise meeting up with the catfans

mick_and_sue.jpg

Rog

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

View of the Orme from the chair lift, Mrs P was not amused I took her on the chair lift, (no sense of adventure)

P1050338.jpg

Rog

• Like 3

Love Llandudno...........Rog or Catfan ,did you go in the Museum on the Great Orme.......to Randy Turpin ?

• Like 1

We saw that small exhibition in the museum when we were there, about 5 years ago, Ben.   But I didn't look at it much as I'm not really  interested in boxing... sorry x

• Like 1
1 hour ago, plantfit said:

View of the Orme from the chair lift, Mrs P was not amused I took her on the chair lift, (no sense of adventure)

P1050338.jpg

Rog

I always thought you were a bit mental Rog  !

• Like 2
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Love Llandudno...........Rog or Catfan ,did you go in the Museum on the Great Orme.......to Randy Turpin ?

Yes Ben ! There's a nice bronze statue in the cafe at the top as well.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, MargieH said:

We saw that small exhibition in the museum when we were there, about 5 years ago, Ben.   But I didn't look at it much as I'm not really  interested in boxing... sorry x

My Dad and most Uncle's loved Boxing Margie,,,and i got the love for it when very young,,i fully understand the Anti-Boxing brigade,,,the Randolph Turpin story is very sad,,.he actually owned the Hotel on the 'Great Orme for a few years.  It must have been that during this time that i was on the Beach in Rhyl when i was about 8 or 9,,when this black fella wearing a Mac came walking past me and me Dad,,,Dad said ''ey-up Randy'' and they had a little chat.  When he had gone Dad told me 'that was Randolph Turpin'' the man that beat 'Sugar Ray Robinson' and became world champ for a short while...........Read up on Randolph,, you will find him interesting and also sad...whether youre into Boxing or not........

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Gretton road, Mapperley, winter 1986/1987.  Showing my Series III SWB Safari Landrover:

FB2pO4XP0ap1aXvRznvD-9NrpRZoL4e-nAfEZcnb

• Like 1

Newark Castle - where Kong John died from dysentry in 1216. Photo taken about 2008:

5Y6TE4L_autnKI1WlKb7NBoyKbEQTP1KlNEXIHOc

• Like 1

I go past Newark Castle four to six times a week and have lived in the area since 1962. The only time I’ve been round Newark Castle was on a Sunday school trip around 1950. I guess with having no roof there isn’t much to see inside. It does look impressive though as you approach it from the north. 

Took this on my way back from Southwell

Newark_trike_ride.jpg

Newark castle

Rog

Phil on your many trips to Newark have you visited the little museum in the Butter market, well worth visiting if not, take the tour of the council chambers and ballroom while in there

• Like 1

Even Southwell to Newark on a trike sounds risky to me! No I’ve not been in the museum you refer to. I haven’t visited the town centre for some time. Not since they built an ASDA on the car park! My visits to Newark are to Waitrose, Homebase, Currys, Allwoods, Mole Valley Country Store, the marina and Albert St. Antiques - oh and a couple of trips to casualty!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Short Eared Owl (Asio flammeus) in the narure reserve at Doñana, Andalucia, Spain. It flew past the vehicle I was in and I managed to snatch a shot as it passed us by.

1080_cd9c7ff4-12c9-4a1c-982e-218e682f822

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4