Photos to cheer us up

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a bit of a clearout at home & found a CD I had created in 2003 full of photo's that I had taken with my first digital camera, an Olympus E860, 1.3 MP ! Some of these photo's I had forgotte

Two years ago we were celebrating my husband's birthday here, on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. The week-long stay was arranged with his brother, sister and their spouses. Unbeknown to everyone, excep

We don't have up to date mobiles to take instant photo's with, so you can imagine the chances of finding the camera, setting it up, getting as close as possible to the patio window and getting this li

Yes we tried it Compo. It was very good. We tried crocodile too but we stuck to fish platters after.

Oztalgian: Lidls used to sell Roo meat but I haven't seen it in stock for a long while now.

Good photo BK...

I think I prefer the Council House without banners and advertising.

3 minutes ago, Brew said:

Good photo BK...

I think I prefer the Council House without banners and advertising.

Do you want me to paint 'em out ??...I preferred it the way it was. B.

Roo meat is a very lean meet around 98% fat free and nutritionally very good for you.

None of it is farmed, it is all from the wild population of Kangaroos.

It is widely available in all major supermarkets and butchers but I don't eat it at home but do eat it when out as they seem able to cook it so much better than I can.

If you do try it medium rare is the most you want to cook it to. It gets very tough if you cook it to well done.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Brew said:

It's not a criticism of your picture...

Didn't think was Brew. I meant I preferred it when there were still flower beds and such , back in the day. B.

Back in the times when I could afford a Beard..  (Taken before Digital) Llangollen canal, approach to Pontcysyllte Aqueduct).

golden-linnet.jpg

• Like 4

As a country we should be proud that we eat both large animals shown on our coat of arms (image from Wiki)

Don't know about eating the lions, swans and piping shrike shown on the states coats of arms but it is probable at some time in the past the two birds have graced someones table

Image result for australian coat of arms

4 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Yes we tried it Compo. It was very good. We tried crocodile too but we stuck to fish platters after.

Sorry name wrong. I'd been looking at Compo's photos and the name stuck. Sorry Ozstalgian

Height =126ft and over 1000ft long, Plantfit. Some feat of engineering ! Been over the aqueduct scores of times. Incidentally, the only way we've been into Wales. Never been by road. One day will get a boat with an engine ! The harness is starting to dig in the wife's shoulders.thumbsup

• Like 4

Walked there from Llangollen a couple of years back.  Despite a history of climbing and caving, I just couldn't walk across it and only made it about 50 metres in. The sense of exposure from the unfenced side is weird, even though you'd have to fall into the water, swim across and then climb out, to fall.  The fenced side is worse to me.  The railings are far too widely spaced and the sight of parents letting their kids wander across worried me sick.  I'm sure a small chlid could easily fall through.

Col

Your right DJ., there never were any railings on the left side (going towards Trevor). When at the helm of a boat, if you fell off the boat you would straight over the edge as there is only a few inches either side. I would think an adult could get through the gaps in the rails. When travelling inside a boat, you get the feeling of floating. Sections of cast iron troughs bolted together and sealed with string, cow dung and sugar syrup. B.

• Like 1

We appear to have taken the same shots Rog. ;)  Got some lovely pix of this canal but didn't think I should show 'em, as theyr'e not Nottingham based. But Thanks for stirring my memories. B.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but can anyone tell me if it is possible to post short video clips ? I don't mean from YT. but own clips. Got some that are quite amusing. Beekay.

Thats right LL, I posted a short clip of one of my trike rides, put it on YT first and go from there in the usual way

Rog

Copy your video to YT,when it's on there bring it up on the screen,pause the film, put pointer on the picture,right click the mouse,click "copy URL" bring it on nottstalgia in your reply and right click " paste" in the normal way,if you can follow that,this is the one I put on a couple of years ago,just a section of a trike ride from the village

Rog

• Like 2

Thanks fellas, very much appreciated. Will have a try later Rog. Got a Purler of one showing a Swan holding up traffic walking over the bridge at Wroxham.

Once again ta muchly !!

• Like 1