Photos to cheer us up

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a bit of a clearout at home & found a CD I had created in 2003 full of photo's that I had taken with my first digital camera, an Olympus E860, 1.3 MP ! Some of these photo's I had forgotte

Two years ago we were celebrating my husband's birthday here, on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. The week-long stay was arranged with his brother, sister and their spouses. Unbeknown to everyone, excep

We don't have up to date mobiles to take instant photo's with, so you can imagine the chances of finding the camera, setting it up, getting as close as possible to the patio window and getting this li

1 hour ago, plantfit said:

Nice pair of old birds out on the pull eh Gem,nowt wrong with that

Rog

Will not pass on your remark Rog, they will definitely not be impressed.

• Like 1

@Gem  I saw that picture of the 2 older ladies on Facebook yesterday but the captions were different.... a bit rude ... The first lady was saying something like..." An itch on your hand means you're going to get something" and the other lady was saying "and if you get an itch somewhere else, you've already got it"

• Like 2

Saw this same picture yesterday with a different caption. Lady on the left is saying, 'If your hand itches, you are going to get something'. The lady on the right then says 'And if your crotch itches, you got it' 

• Like 2

Plantfit,  had a go at your suggestion but to no avail. Cannot get 'copy URL) to come up. Wouldn't work on tablet either. When pushing share it comes up with Email, Android, etc. On PC, I had a short video shared to youtube and the played as normal. Next paused, but cannot get anything with a right click, so stumped. Will keep experimenting. Barrie.

• Like 1

Try this BK.  On your computer.  In YT  go to the line at the top left of the page.  This is the URL.  You should be able to right click there.  Then click on copy in the box that comes up.  Next come back to NS and in your text editor right click again and you should be able to choose 'paste'  click it and the url should come up in your post.  That should be Bobs yer uncle.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, katyjay said:

Saw this same picture yesterday with a different caption. Lady on the left is saying, 'If your hand itches, you are going to get something'. The lady on the right then says 'And if your crotch itches, you got it' 

I must have been on a more polite site.

I can't remember exactly who'd shared it, but I think it might have been Katyjay?

2 hours ago, Beekay said:

Can't get the Bl***y thing to work so shan't bother trying .noblue

Don't give up mate.

Main thing is to copy that YT address into NS.  we've all struggled with it at one time or another, but we'd like to see your videos.

• Like 1

Perhaps you could look at using Teamviewer (it's free) and someone can physically watch/show you how it's done...

• Like 1

Here is rare evidence of the elusive Lowland Haggis; a quadruped similar to the Mountain Haggis but with even length legs instead of two long and two short. Sadly, this family lost its forest home to the bulldozers who destroyed their forest in order to make way for a wind farm. I tried to save some of their babies but alas, they didn't survive the winter.  The species is now practically extinct in the far north due to the prolifereation of their greatest enemy - the ubiquitous wind farm.

YOtrPbuzWQ3qwy8DzkX0-cYYtIWQItFGYG8aZTrI

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

I hear tell there is a family of Lowland Haggis live and work on the Falkirk wheel. When the lower gondola needs to go up then the Haggis's bale out the water with saucepans. Meanwhile dad Haggis turns a big starting handle in the middle. Hey presto ! said gondola goes up. Simples.

• Upvote 1

I believe the combined weight of each gondola is 300 tons. Been on it and it's brilliant. Visitor centre is good too. Bought a DVD in there called " Ribbons of Light" which tells all about the wheel and surrounding canals. B.

Veering off topic a bit, but I was flipping through ' Picture the past ' and came across this picture from Douglas road school , Ilkeston road.

I was gobsmacked to this early shoot of my late youngest brother, ( Ringed). Realise it will not mean owt to anybody, but it gave me a bit of a turn. Beekay. Maybe I Shoulda stuck it in Old photos.

IMG-20181119-140154.jpg

• Like 4

Just thought I'd throw this in to cheer me up. It's the Caen flight on the Kennet & Avon canal. :tanning:

IMGP0087.jpg

• Like 5

I keep thinking about a canal boat holiday. We did a long weekend many years ago with the children which started at Brinklow on the Old Fosse and went up the Ashby canal which was a dead end. There was only one lock, a small stop lock with a fall of about one foot and there were a couple of little kids who worked that for us! Most of our boating has involved towing a boat up to the west coast of Scotland and exploring the Inner Hebrides or down to the Lizard to explore the Falmouth Bay Area. Thinking back I must have been mad to tow over two and a half tonnes of boat 360 miles especially down the narrow lanes towards the end of the journeys. We have had few boats at Newark and Farndon but that was either turn left towards Nottingham or right to Cromwell lock. Got a bit boring after a while. I still have a 15 foot sportsboat which I bought on eBay from Dorset 5 years ago but for various reasons I’ve not got round to sailing it and I’m just preparing it to sell. It’s a bit cold working outside today though!

• Like 1

One of the Canals that we cycle on a regular basis is 'The Birmingham Mainline' starting for us at the 'Aldersley Junction' on the Staffs and Worc' canal. It has 21 locks over approximately 1 3/4 miles leading up to 'The Broad St Basin Wolverhampton'. Then on to the Wyrley and Essington Canal' to complete our journey visiting friends who live in the area. The outward journey is all up hill which makes the homeward journey a lot more pleasant.  I thought that was bad enough until I saw your picture of the Caen flight. We love the canals Beekay, and have lots of choices of canals here in the 'Black Country'. Are we likely to see you passing one day?:)