Photos to cheer us up

Picture worked this time so here goes.....Really does Cheer me up !!!

PICT0016.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a bit of a clearout at home & found a CD I had created in 2003 full of photo's that I had taken with my first digital camera, an Olympus E860, 1.3 MP ! Some of these photo's I had forgotte

Two years ago we were celebrating my husband's birthday here, on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. The week-long stay was arranged with his brother, sister and their spouses. Unbeknown to everyone, excep

We don't have up to date mobiles to take instant photo's with, so you can imagine the chances of finding the camera, setting it up, getting as close as possible to the patio window and getting this li

10 minutes ago, radfordred said:

Give you a like for the picture, but I'm taking it off for the bold type I find it hard to read :blink: 

Wanna buy some glasses ??

5 hours ago, Compo said:

"FILTH AND DEPRAVITY

Don't look Ethell...........  to late..................    she's been incensed...............

• Like 2

Saw this Rog and though ti was right up your street. Considered buying one for 'er indoors...

IMG-2186.jpg

• Like 1

https://postimg.cc/gallery/3j022njmw/

Just a few I thought nice.

First the vines in winter,

Sunsets, view of the part of the village where I live. The village is divided in two. Paese Alto and Paese Basso.

The other one is a view of the bandieri who perform their flag flying skills at most of the festivities.

Forgot and the heads of the crowds at the wine festival.

• Like 4

Lizzie did you spot James's restaurant in the background where the bandieri are.? The white building in the centre but people are in front so you can't actually see the frontage.

By the way the photos aren't mine. They were taken at one of the past wine festivals.

It's nesting time for the Puffins at Drumholistan on the Caithness coast again:

Here's a link in case the image is not visible:

Puffing nest building

t7M04-kI8GYWm6cmi9ownODjQAFQqWIFLYl9kzD5

• Like 6
On 5/3/2019 at 9:57 AM, nonnaB said:

Lizzie did you spot James's restaurant in the background where the bandieri are.? The white building in the centre but people are in front so you can't actually see the frontage.

By the way the photos aren't mine. They were taken at one of the past wine festivals.

I didn’t recognise James’ restaurant when I looked at your photos Nonna because the February evening we spent there with you (3 years ago) was so awful weather-wise that we just had heads down and dashed in there!! However, I would recommend Wine Story to all who visit your corner of Italy.  We enjoyed fantastic food and wine and it was certainly worth stopping off to catch up with you that night and will always remember your hospitality.   

Incidentally, when you mentioned the other day about your electricity going off it reminded me of the little B and B we stayed in that night.  The electricity was switched off late evening by the owner and not turned on again until the morning!   Not easy when one needs a wee in the night!! 

Lizzie , yes I agree it was a lousy night. We were afraid you might have hit trouble with the weather. The owner switching off the electricty may not have been his fault ( although miserly it could have been) When there are bad storms here its automatically cut off because of the danger of keeping it on..It used to happen frequently at one time but its getting less and less. In the houses we only have 3 kw and if it goes above the meter trips and we have to switch some appliance off. A niusance yes but you do get used to it. Depending on what time of day it is , I cant have washer and oven on together. The fixed appliances are 2 freezers , fridge, immersion heater ( in summer) phone, and 2 dehumidifiers.( in a storeroom) The electricity the other day was some sort of failure, which after 1/2 hour was sorted. The other failure was the cable from the oven that was worn and caused the bang when it was turned on. But was replaced so now I can cook!!

Its still a bit cold here but the sun is shining so by the afternoon all being well it will be hotter.

• Upvote 1

Hiya Nonna, !  Sounds to me like you live in an electrical store. All those appliances on the National grid. Does anybody own a generator to be used in an emergency. Mind you, you could always have your own wind farm. When I were a kid we had central heating, it was a candle in the middle of the room. If it were really cold we used to light it..!!  :yahoo:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, nonnaB said:

In the houses we only have 3 kw and if it goes above the meter trips

Wow that's really tiny. Do you have to boil a kettle in the dark? A villa we rent occasionally has a 25Amp trip which a I thought was small but at least we can make tea and watch TV at the same time.

19 hours ago, Beekay said:

Somebody chopped Puffings legs off !!

Puffings?? puffings? anybody seen BK's puffings, they can't have got far they have no legs... Probably look a bit like Compo's picture of a Puffin...  smile2