Photos to cheer us up

Looking at that photo it's amazing anyone survived a trip in it. No front brakes and solid rubber tyres on cobbles...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a bit of a clearout at home & found a CD I had created in 2003 full of photo's that I had taken with my first digital camera, an Olympus E860, 1.3 MP ! Some of these photo's I had forgotte

Two years ago we were celebrating my husband's birthday here, on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. The week-long stay was arranged with his brother, sister and their spouses. Unbeknown to everyone, excep

We don't have up to date mobiles to take instant photo's with, so you can imagine the chances of finding the camera, setting it up, getting as close as possible to the patio window and getting this li

The logo is not really on Brew, I put it on for an email I sent to a group that I drive a minibus for, (all retired). I refer to them as St. G's travel group. B.

I think the first picture could have been a converted  haulage truck in the week to a charabanc for the weekend,the second one looks to be a purpose made bus/coach looking at the side doors, lovely pictures

Rog

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ayupmeducks said:

Our cook stove is propane, and heating is a woodstove.

On your story of Mario, when I migrated to Australia in 1979, I worked at a tin mine, biggest one in the southern hemisphere, I lived in a very small town a few miles south of the mine. This was "Bush" miles from any large towns!!

I was in one of the pubs one evening, and this old feller at side of me said "are you a pommie" I said yes, he then said "You've come all the way from England to here" he was dumbstruck, and kept repeating it.

A mate of mine put me in the picture, the elderly feller and his Brother worked a local farm, and he'd been no further than 15 miles out of town all his life, so just couldn't grasp the "jet set" lifestyle.

Although I still live in a very rural area, my friends have worked and lived in different areas of the states, some have roots that go back to the first local settlers 200 years back, yes, the only people who lived around here back then were nomadic Native Americans. This area was settled around 1820 onwards.

Lovely. I like to hear stories like that. My uncle and his family emigrated years ago. His wifes uncle had a sheep farm and he worked in that atmosphere for a while. Back home he was a P C and so he wanted to get back into that profession. He went on to become a prison warden and was eventually the ... god my english is getting worse or my memory. He was head of the prison service. Sorry about that . Don't know whether its old age or what but I've had some problems lately forgetting things. I'm wondering if the confusion I sometimes feel is due to my medication. But more on Ailments etc.

Anyway this uncle started out in Alice Springs and eventually moved to Brisbane.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

IMG-1785aa.jpg

Will this one do Rog ? My daily visitor who was hand fed Chicken and Cooked ham !

• Like 4

Oh,say no more, better class of beggar there unlike the uncouth specimens from Notts/Derby's and Lincs,all they can muster are poor well fed dogs, (and the animals look well fed as well)

Rog

• Like 1

Looks like Spiderman's been at work,

What word can you see in this photo taken late evening yesterday?

IMG-4976.jpg

38 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

It looked a bit busy up there this morning.

I noticed it yesterday too CT, conditions must be just right for preserving them longer than usual