Photos to cheer us up

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a bit of a clearout at home & found a CD I had created in 2003 full of photo's that I had taken with my first digital camera, an Olympus E860, 1.3 MP ! Some of these photo's I had forgotte

Two years ago we were celebrating my husband's birthday here, on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. The week-long stay was arranged with his brother, sister and their spouses. Unbeknown to everyone, excep

We don't have up to date mobiles to take instant photo's with, so you can imagine the chances of finding the camera, setting it up, getting as close as possible to the patio window and getting this li

5 minutes ago, katyjay said:

Nowt 'appnin lad when I click on the links.

Tiz nah !!

Lovely plant clematis ? A couple of weeks ago I found some young plants at Lidl. I bought a Meyer lemon , a fig tree and another common lemon. They were cheap and I thought what the heck I'll try to grow them, they were very tiny but I thought if they wither I won't have lost anything. I have a lemon tree and a kumquat so it was a bonus if they survived. They have and started to grow very quickly. They won't produce lemons for a few years but who cares they were cheaper than flowers which we have to replace every year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CLEMATIS !! The bloke at Aldi swore blind it were a Cannabis plant. Mind you it only cost me £1.75, like I said it was only a tiny sprig. B.

13 minutes ago, katyjay said:

Is that all one house?

This is Beekay, not Phil, katyjay!

You gotta be kidding ! That block in front has seven flats, as is the one on the right. The block on the extreme right is the start of of our block, which has six. We are the last. The photo is from my front door. B.

2 hours ago, Beekay said:

CLEMATIS !! The bloke at Aldi swore blind it were a Cannabis plant. Mind you it only cost me £1.75, like I said it was only a tiny sprig. B.

Aldi and Lidl must be into tiny sprigs of plants together. At least mine had name tags on them.

1 hour ago, MargieH said:

When are you inviting us for a party?

I invited you to Wroxham a month ago but you broke me ' eart and never showed up. Stood there under the station clock until me bouquet wilted, so went ' ome and fed the Heron.  imissyou

Incidentally, I'm going up there Dec 7th., I'd be more than happy to have about 4 for dinner.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Beekay said:

Spot on DD. I would really love to visit. Are there any b n bs nearby ??

Sorry BK, I don't know, we were holidaying in a caravan park on the coast just north of Hartlepool, and we took the kids to Beamish for a day out.

• Like 2

Thanks anyway DD. And thank you for your reply. If I do manage to get up there, I will certainly let you know. B.

Capturing the Raleigh workers at knocking off time.

-1960's.gettyimages-501214579-612x612.jpgcould'nt wait for the hooter me..on a Friday i'd go the pretty way home via the Stag and the Robert Peel...often woke up in Rise Park outside Charlie 2

Happy days.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

IMG-3401.jpg

This was our cactus this morning. May 5 th it was only the dark green you could see. Its like a triffid, going to take a lot of "leaves" off as they cross over to make new plants. Be nice if we have fruit but don't think so,

• Like 1