Photos to cheer us up

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a bit of a clearout at home & found a CD I had created in 2003 full of photo's that I had taken with my first digital camera, an Olympus E860, 1.3 MP ! Some of these photo's I had forgotte

Two years ago we were celebrating my husband's birthday here, on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. The week-long stay was arranged with his brother, sister and their spouses. Unbeknown to everyone, excep

We don't have up to date mobiles to take instant photo's with, so you can imagine the chances of finding the camera, setting it up, getting as close as possible to the patio window and getting this li

• 3 months later...

Dove Dale from the top of Thorpe Cloud

2009_0510Dovedale0008_zpsoxqsu99o.jpg

From the same vantage point but looking a bit further up the valley

2009_0510Dovedale0009_zpskqwuaqnu.jpg

Rog

• Upvote 6

Remember it well Rog..........about 25 years ago.....took one of my teenage lads on a big hike that included Thorpe Cloud,to get him ready for joining the Army............and recall being sick about half-way up it........lol.

We'll have to do some of them walks this year,I can drive through Bulwell to get to Derbyshire so a lift will be possible

Rog

Monsal viaduct from below,I've been putting these pictures in "hows your day" I should have put them all here,never mind I will from now on

Monsal%20trail%2010_zpsu15mbrqi.jpg

Cressbrook from the trail

Monsal%20trail%204_zpsf1qhnpty.jpg

Water cum Jolly,part of Litton mill pond,very peaceful and a nice place to have a pic nic (do people still have those?)

Monsal%20trail%206_zpsi9eyeboj.jpg

Cressbrook "Brew Stop" a favourite watering hole for tea,coffee,ices and scones and the tea/coffee is in proper pot mugs,Mrs P enjoying a cuppa Tea bless her she can't go long without a brew

Monsal%20trail%207_zpsn4lpewl7.jpg

Rog

• Upvote 5

A Couple for you Col,Cromford canal in the foreground on the aquaduct going over the river Derwent,maybe 50ft above the river,in the background is Leawood pumping station bringing water up from the river to the canal at each stroke of the beam

Cromford%20boiler%20house_zps8cc846uo.jp

And this one is taken from the old Cromford railway track bed the other side of the river

Leawood%20pump%20house_zpspraskxpe.jpg

Rog

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

P1050699_zpsq7oo56r7.jpg

This picture cheered me up because for the first time I have grown spuds without them being attacked by flies,slugs,grubs and other  garden pests

Rog

• Upvote 3

He desperately needs some Savlon on those spots. Chatty bu66er !

• Upvote 1

#334 lovely pics Rog................must have missed em first time round..........great memories.................

3 hours ago, catfan said:

He /She needs some Savlon on those spots FLY !

He/she needs to get some decorum and pull em em up dirty bu99er................see it every day and don't need it................

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Ha, ha, it's obviously not that 'secret' if everyone can see his face !

Yes, but he has got the shades though. He should be in plain clothes with just one of them curly wires coming out his tab, a bulge in his armpit, talking to his wrist all the time. Nobody'd know then, lol..

• 1 month later...

Poppy.jpg

Five years ago 'Poppy' dragged herself home, with terrible injuries after being hit by a vehicle. She had multiple injuries, one being her back leg literally hanging on by a thread. My daughter and husband drove her to a B-ham vets, for what we expected to be a one way journey. I stayed with my G-daughter and prayed that 'Poppy' would be put to sleep quickly to take away her pain. We were all devastated. The vet said, lets give her a chance? They amputated her leg and stitched all of her injuries. This is 'Poppy' today, as happy as Larry, loving life, three legs and she can run like lightening. What's more 'if cats can feel love, I get the feeling she loves me' as soon as I enter the room, she is on my knee. My daughter says I should be honoured as she is very choosy. If only she knew what I was thinking that night five years ago. Sorry Pops, but your OK now gel.:biggrin:

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1