Photos to cheer us up

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a bit of a clearout at home & found a CD I had created in 2003 full of photo's that I had taken with my first digital camera, an Olympus E860, 1.3 MP ! Some of these photo's I had forgotte

Two years ago we were celebrating my husband's birthday here, on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. The week-long stay was arranged with his brother, sister and their spouses. Unbeknown to everyone, excep

We don't have up to date mobiles to take instant photo's with, so you can imagine the chances of finding the camera, setting it up, getting as close as possible to the patio window and getting this li

OK Margie........i would have made an exception in your case....got a feeling though you would'nt have trusted me...........;)

Ben, behave yersen stop flirting with the ladies !

Carni, my mistake click on the line that says "Hotlink to Forums" the seventh one down or the one next to the bottom one. Just  click on the small icon at the end & it will say "copied", now good to go.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, catfan said:

Just  click on the small icon at the end & it will say "copied", now good to go.

After clicking on icon and getting 'copied', a window appears and I click on 'Allow'. Then I come out and pick up NS. Alternately, put NS and Postimage on the screen (reduced size) so that you don't have to come out of PI and go into NS. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Chulla said:

After clicking on icon and getting 'copied', a window appears and I click on 'Allow'. Then I come out and pick up NS. Alternately, put NS and Postimage on the screen (reduced size) so that you don't have to come out of PI and go into NS. 

Or open a second tab, one for NS & one for PostImage. then just flit between the two.!

• Like 1

Thanks fellow Nottstalgians. Both of your suggestions  are the instructions that I follow. When Chulla put them on for LizzieM, I wrote them down and follow them with no problem. I just open a second tab for Post image and find it easy to go between them. I still have to learn how to get the sizes of the pics correct.

With the old style forum, I just posted every thing at width 700 and the height adjusted itself. It was a good size and didn't waste too much space. I can't seem to work out how to get the 700 width since we had the new format.

I don't quite understand your problem, carni. I never resize my images. However, when you call up Postimage you get a window that has at the top 'Do not resize my image'. If you should wish to resize it there is a little down arrow beside to 'Do not ...'. Click on it and size to you requirements. What size are the original pics that have been scanned? Anything above postcard size should produce a fair-sized imge in NS.

I think the only problem is me, I don't know what I am doing, so I create problems for myself. The photo that my image was taken from is a postcard size one of around eight people, so you can imagine the individual people are quite small. I was hoping to enlarge the images of Sue and myself, when i put them on NS, just for more detail, of the dress we shared. Sues image, though the same size is not from my original photo, but one of her own which she e-mailed me. I suspect, that I have been trying to do something that is not possible. I'll see what I can dream up next? :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

A snap shot of Watten village taken from my bedroom window.  The distance to the village is one mile.  Looks shorter because I used a long lens in oder to get the mountain (Scaraben) in the background.

40365642545_daefa57ccc_h.jpg

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

The Oxfam shop was just across the road from where I worked at 24 Low Pavement and I remember the first floor for its book department. In addition, much of the timber frame of the building could be seen exposed on the first floor. A fascinating building, centuries old. I don't know what it houses now as I've not been in that area for many years.

Arthur Askey must have been the most unfunny man ever to appear on tv. There's something about insignificant irritating little men that really bugs me. Always chirpy, and in your face ! 

• Like 4

This Eric Morcambe ?

P1050869_zpscgtsov36.jpg

They even named a Wetherspoons after him in Morcambe but spelt his name wrong, named it the Eric Bartholomew instead !!

P1050871_zpsmli4gz9q.jpg

Ernie Wise had a place in Bournemouth.

• Like 2