littlebro

Photos to cheer us up

Water shortage ?

P1030837_zpssjcjnajb.jpg

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Sorry catfan,,back off topic,,had to mention those awful photo's of whip marks,,once took a Guard into Yarmouth,,he was an Arab from Kenya,,we shared a room at a B/B.......Mubarak was his name lovely bloke,,i noticed his back was covered in similar marks..........being who i am asked him about them........he was flogged by some locals in Mombasa just for being a Muslim,,............some nasty people we share this wonderful world with,,....he lived in Peterborough and told me he thought England was Heaven on Earth''' bless him passed away a few years ago.

Man's inhumanity of course Ben, sad to say.

• Like 1

IMG_20180823_172724_121.jpgBy the looks of the couch..i'd say 1975.

King is just out of shot...but Candy the Tabby, Spotty and Pudding are crashed out too!

4 cats arrived- one after the other one week...years ago.( the owners were divorcing.)..they sensed it and jumped ship!

Walkers Cheese n Onion and Liver were their faves.

Found these and other keepsakes in my Dads 'Lifestory Box.'

• Like 5

IMG_20180823_172013_487.jpgMy big rear end!..never mind that Rovers..nuisance me rambling on the Castle early 1960's.

• Like 3

Last one ( filling up 'ere.)

My Dad in the Evening Post..pictured at St.Pauls Church Hall, Radford Rd.1535043995900_IMG_20180823_171010_171.jpLoads of these clippings..the 'Lunge' was his thing!

• Like 2

On 8/22/2018 at 3:29 PM, Brew said:

Good grief! there are some things you wish you just hadn't seen, that must have been agonising.

Believe it or not.....the women encourage and goad the men to do this. The tradition is that the more scars the woman has the more attractive she is to the men and thus the better the man she can get.

On 8/22/2018 at 9:03 PM, IAN123. said:

Sediment seperation is fantastic Catfan!

must be around Hunstanton area? 

• Like 1

Teasels in the garden, basking in the late summer sunshine......

43371851995_f963dc1181_c.jpg

• Like 3

Compo's  finest home made "Platform End Bitter"; built with nothing but Scottish malt, home grown hops, yeast and well water.  Drunk out of a King George VI stamped pint glass.

44352215132_0000694517_c.jpg

• Like 6

On 8/29/2018 at 3:02 PM, Compo said:

must be around Hunstanton area? 

Spot on Compo, Hunstanton it is.

• Like 2

Cretaceous rock formations.... ...the Carstone Formation (orange) at the cliff base, followed above by the Hunstanton Formation (red) formerly known as the Red Chalk, and the Ferriby Chalk (white) extending to the cliff-top.  Spent many a happy hour there when in the RAF in Norfolk.

• Like 2

A great photo capturing the actors from Saturday Night...on a Sunday Morning...a drizzly but quiet Market Square.Norman Rossington was lucky enough..and the only actor to be in a movie with Elvis and also acted alongside The Beatles.images_21.jpg

• Like 3

Shanklin beach.

P1090252.jpg

• Like 5

That's all I've heard from Mrs C since we got home.

• Like 1

I know I've posted this before but it always gets a laugh, me on a pavement cycle

Wales_2011_010.jpg

Rog

• Like 3

Looks like the bus that hit you PF was going at a hell of a lick!

• Like 1

Simple this one:63150788_63150787.jpgTimes this by many shops and cities..from Pembridge Rd.to Lexington and this place pictured : Selectadisc- thumbing thru records and discovering music and the artwork in which it came.

Eagle eyed RR might spot my fave soundsystem.

Took this photo on a Caithness Field Club trip to Ousedale on the border of Caithness and Sutherland on Saturday morning. Believe it or not, a 96yr old man (He's 97 in December) turned up and managed to get within a hundred yards of where I was standing when I took this picture! There were NO tracks or paths on our route, just rough heather and bracken moorland. In the evening he was going to a wedding dance, anorl!  I take my hat off to him!

44432346144_8f4b2ec556_b.jpg

• Like 6

Some cracking photo's there Compo, worth making a seasonal calendar out of some

Rog

• Like 2

You can see autumn is here with the colours, great photos and beautiful area.

• Like 2