How did you find us?

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's a great site with all the topics and I feel as though I know you all even though we have never met.

Meeting us can be difficult. Meetings are our weak point. However, we are unbeatable when it comes to talking about meetings. http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12681&hl=

• Upvote 7
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with Nottstalgia is that you can't afford to take a day off. If you do you have to be on it for hours on end, just to catch up with what you've missed. And we don't want to miss anything,

Meeting us can be difficult. Meetings are our weak point. However, we are unbeatable when it comes to talking about meetings. http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12681&hl=

:hand:I found this site by just messing around on the computer I think it's a great site with all the topics and I feel as though I know you all even though we have never met. Don't change a thing it'

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Just found this .topic .I happened to be looking on Safari for suet Having some slightly outdated packs. ."can I still use it" then nottingham caught my eye. I never did find out if I could use it☹️

NonnaB, you made me think of an experience I had with out of date suet. The tale is on Nottstalgia somewhere in the archives. An elderly lady neighbor had a clean out and knowing I did a lot of cooking, she gave me a lot of ingredients to use up. I had cooked a large pan of Stewing steak to freeze in tubs, and decided to pop some dumplings on the top to use for dinner that day.

I put the dumplings in the pan and popped up to make the beds. After a while I became aware of the most acrid smell filling the house. I went down stairs and the smell was coming from the kitchen. It was coming from the pan; it was disgusting. I put it outside and went and got the suet box out of the bin. The box was in perfect condition. no clues at all. It wasn't 10 days or 10 weeks old. It was 10 years old. Bless her. She meant well. :biggrin:

Wow Carni , a bitlike my mum she buys herbs , spices etc then doesnt use them and she doesnt like to throw them away just in case she needs them Last time I visited she asked me to sort them out. Some were very old but not 10 years outdated. My suet was only a few weeks outdated but I still havent found out if I can use it. We cant get it here so I stock up on things like that when I'm in uk. Last year I made loads of xmas mincemeat and Ive still got a few jars left so I dont need it.

My sentiments entirely LL.

Found this site by accident - glad I did, I just luv it..............

• Upvote 1

Me too, my life would be empty without it. ..... Certainly different !

• Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I was on the Chateau Thames Embankment (ref Rumpole) one evening and Nottstalgia just appeared as if from nowhere on the PC screen, after googling Nottingham, been a captive ever since kickme

• Upvote 2

I typed in Mayhem, Chaos and Confrontation and this came up..... Joking, I'd be lost without it!

• Upvote 2

Thanks for that compliment Lizzie. It was a compliment wasn't it. Cheeky bu66er! LOL

I was looking on Google for any reference to sledging on Breckhill fields and NS came up. Is there any area of Nottingham that hasn't been mentioned on here over the years I wonder....

I think you found me.

Be thankful. ;)

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking for old gits oops sorry old maps.Havent posted much as I have been looking through and reading older post,informative and so funny at times.Used google.