Glad you enjoy the tram, I helped pay for & eventually with my job, via the congestion charge that was the original name given to the workplace parking levy until they realized us 6am starters & 10pm finishing shift workers did not cause any congestion :crazy:  wonder where they get the parking levy for the now 500 redundant parking spaces?

Since the Nuthall Island improvements Canning Circus/Alfreton Road is now solid.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How anyone can compare 19th century traffic conditions, horse drawn or not, to the 21st century is beyond me. For one thing the population was nowhere as dense as today. Fortunate pensioners ? Me &a

I nearly placed a post, spent 5 minutes writing it, then read what I wrote, can't use that kind of bad temper and aggravation on you nice people. I'll leave it at this, I will do my best in never bei

Most likely the planners over there are the same as here. Non drivers ! Things look great on a computer screen, but in reality, the outside world is totally different. I wouldn't trust planners with t

I would love to know just how many companies have moved out of Nottingham as a direct result of the WPL/CC whatever they call it ?. This must have cost countless number of jobs.

• Upvote 1
On 03/07/2017 at 1:52 PM, loppylugs said:

Whatever happened to common sense?

Afraid it's not all that common these days,and not just about transport issues

Rog

• 2 weeks later...

Getting to be quite an embarrassment, All the long gone fine engineering works in this city in the past & they import Spanish crap ! We must be the laughing stock of the world.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know about the Nottingham trams, but cars regularly try and drive up the purpose-built guided busway in Cambridge and then get stuck.  It happens nearly every week.  This obviously disrupts the guided bus as it can't get past the car.  I think the problem may partly lie with Sat Navs as they say 'turn left' etc and the driver - if he is unfamiliar with he area - will just do as he is told without recognising that it isn't a road!  Of course there are other people who try and drive up it for different reasons......

• 1 month later...

Edinburgh trams a very good,"leather" seats,plenty of room,but not really needed,ask anyone in Edinbugh,more buses than you can wave a stick at,about every 10 minutes,tram about every 20-25 minutes,taxi drivers hate them,when I was there I never saw a full one,not even rush hour,although every hour seems to be rush hour in Edinburgh,buses well used though,tourists seem to go on the bus but not many on the tram,they go to one place,the airport,from Princes street through the west end.Haymarket, Gyle center then the airport,and back all other areas of the city are not service by the tram and it doesn't look like they are going to be

P1050843.jpg

Rog

• Upvote 1

Ah our eco friendly trams. Trouble is it is now reported that the scientific evidence for man made global warming has been vastly exaggerated, apparently all the computer models are running 'hot', their experts words not mine. So we don't need the damn things anyway, any more than we need those stupidly expensive windmills.

• Upvote 1