• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How anyone can compare 19th century traffic conditions, horse drawn or not, to the 21st century is beyond me. For one thing the population was nowhere as dense as today. Fortunate pensioners ? Me &a

I nearly placed a post, spent 5 minutes writing it, then read what I wrote, can't use that kind of bad temper and aggravation on you nice people. I'll leave it at this, I will do my best in never bei

Most likely the planners over there are the same as here. Non drivers ! Things look great on a computer screen, but in reality, the outside world is totally different. I wouldn't trust planners with t

Bombardier comes to mind Stu.

Disgraceful!

I was driving down Castle Blvd yesterday and was thinking it needs photographing to show the tram works, and before the whole lot changes for good?

Ah well, it's just a good job we've got full employment in this country. ;)

I've not been along there recently but I read that a lot of mature trees have been pulled up along University Boulevard to make way for the new route? Shame.

a lot of mature trees have been pulled up along University Boulevard to make way for the new route? Shame.

An equally large number of mature trees have been destroyed on Meadows Way in the Meadows (where else?) along the area where it borders Queen's Drive.

In the name of the blessed tram you can apparently get away with anything

Bloody disgrace, that's what I say !!!!

Crewe/Derby loco works and thousands of trained (Did you see what I did there ?!) men lying idle.

Most of the center of Beeston, being demolished to have the tram go thru.

I wish they'd put one through the centre of Arnold then! (joking).

If people being interviewed in the streets of Beeston by local TV are anything to go by there's not a soul there that wants the tram!

It would be interesting to see the result if they balloted the people of Nottinghamshire on the building of extra lines. Aside from those with a vested interest ie NIMBY's or alternatively people who really wanted a tram going to near where they live I'm not sure there's a great hunger or strength of feeling amongst ordinary people for them.

What Nottingham needs is a few of those charabancs that coonect to overhead electrical lines, & could trundle silently aroung the town, just occassionally disconnecting, but being reconnected by the 'conductor' (pun) using a long bamboo pole.....................to the hilarity of all the passengers.......................or has that idea had it's day?

The daft think about the tram is if you live in clifton it does not go to the qmc but live in beeston/chilwell it will go to qmc and they do not pay money towrds it but people in clifton do with their council tax.

Still think the concept of silent buses run from overhaed lines deserves some consideration.....................I think I'll patent the idea.................. slywink

Littlebro...................I'm glad somebody picked up the thread.................But why Trolleybuses, they were nothing like trollies....................

The term 'trolley' refers the the method of trailing a wire or a pole(s) to conduct electricity from overhead wire. In the upper end of the trolley pole is a trolley wheel.

If you think of a food serving trolley, it is a small table on wheels. The wheels give the trolley it's name.

Littlebro, you are a mine of useful (sometimes) info', many thanks for explaining something that I did actually ponder (sad that I am) when travelling on the 43 to Trent Bridge daily (school run to Becket) some 45+ years ago

• 2 years later...

An equally large number of mature trees have been destroyed on Meadows Way in the Meadows (where else?) along the area where it borders Queen's Drive.

In the name of the blessed tram you can apparently get away with anything

No worries these ancient trees that stood there for years are back .....................minus there roots?

http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/pressarchive/index.aspx?articleid=29352