Where would you move to given the choice?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The wife and I are having a sea change....have bought a place with two and a half acres overlooking the Tamar valley and river down in Tasmania, sold the house here in Melbourne and we move, lock, sto

1960's Nottingham Rog

#107,would just ORM all day

Beach doesn't look very sandy!

On the Romney Marsh, we can be in france in 45 minutes(not swimming) , I'm by the sea...................but sometimes, just sometimes, I miss Notiingham till it hurts!! .................but Nottingham in the 60's, which ahs long, long gone.

But you terrific people are all my contact to the past, God bless you all.................... :)

Good man Stu.....................just hope I don't get the 'forgets' disease.................

Not being funny , but that is nowhere near Compo, well not really , it's about 50 miles away ! Mind you , that ain't far in that neck of the woods ........... slywink

I was looking at Scotland myself a couple of years back . Basically it's any where but Winsford for me, I feel this place is killing me !

Here's the figures the missus gave me, land around here is between $1000 to $1500 an acre depending on the quality of the land.

I too have been considering a move for a while now....thought Vancouver where son number 2 is , but after 5years there in a beautiful place , he is missing home and relocating to London, then I thought London, three of my chicks live there, love the place to visit but love my car too much!!!!, then I thought my birthplace Liverpool, great culture, shopping , nightlife , but I also love south Dublin, Dalkey or Bray, good coastal walks, near to city life, then I thought you could do worse than Nottingham with all it's faults....near to the airport for Dublin, train to London, car up the M6 to Liverpool and I could still meet up in the Bell to partake in the nostalgic moments that did once make our city a good place to live.....

• Upvote 1

ive seen a bungalow i like in woolaton less than 200 thousand now justhave to win the lottery unless some ones an odd 200 thousand hanging about they dont want.

Don't get me wrong about Winsford, the surrounding area is beautiful, (And it's only at the end of the road where I live) It's just that there's nothing to do of an evening. (Unless you play bingo !) There's no cinema, no restaurants (Well two Indians, but IMHO they are both rubbish) all there is, is a load of second rate take aways. No bowling alley , there isn't even a skateboard park for the kids!

To cap it all , I'm positive the local NHS is out to kill us !

Long term rental in SW Europe is very affordable looked at spending the winters there. Devon and Cornwall are outragously expensive even owning a caravan on one of the private sites is still too much. If you can get residency in the states real estate is a bargain at the moment, however medical insurance and money transfer are a minefield. At the end of the day Mick You pays your money and takes your choice.

Wish we had gone to Australia in the seventies, don't think we will move anywhere now it all looks so complicated and frightening, Oh to be young!!!

Only just looked at the first post Mick, seriously the Romney Marsh is worth considering, not terribly expensive property wise, but has the advantage of being close to Tunnel/Ferries to France.

If you're the type of person who would enjoy driving along tree lined 'A' roads in France, here's the hard sell; I drive circa 30k miles a year in the UK, but once I drive off the Tunnel train (35 minutes from UK) I'm in another world of driving Karma.......................Good as being 1,000 miles away from home, without the hassle of airports etc

Sorry Mick, I got a bit carried away then!! Thanks for the acknowledgement.................. :)

I did put a couple down your way on my Zoopla favorites.

That'll devalue properties around here...........................................only jokin', honest slywink