Where would you move to given the choice?

Cornwall in October ( and if I play my cards right a 'freebie' in September for a few days too!!)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The wife and I are having a sea change....have bought a place with two and a half acres overlooking the Tamar valley and river down in Tasmania, sold the house here in Melbourne and we move, lock, sto

1960's Nottingham Rog

#107,would just ORM all day

You could come to Australia but unless you have a million quid you need to get on a refugee boat from Indonesia. :laugh:

Diguise yourself as an Afghan.and the government will chuck money at you and give you free housing.It just means that they will chuck one of the locals onto the street.

Baz :ninja:

Bazza, you must not discriminate so much. Our beloved Government opens its arms and our wallets to more than the Afghans. What about the sudanese, iraqis, iranian, malaysian, timorese, chinese, vietnamese, somalian, ugandan, indian, sri lankan, burmese, ethiopian, bhutanese, congolese but to name a few.

We are a multi national country and should be proud of the fact that we support so many poor brothers and sisters from foreign lands with cash hand outs, housing, jobs and education at the expense of our own people. Why shouldn't we be forced to respect these poor immigrants and their cultures, religion, dress sense,flags, politics and beliefs just because they do not respect ours even when they are living in this country?

Pig Iron Bob would be turning in his grave.

Don't they have a big one in the I of W Mick.........LOL

John

In 1970, when I tried to join the Monster Raving Looney party

Their policy on asylum was "to make them easier to find"

I did comment that they did not appear to have a shadow chancellor of the exchecker and offered myself for the post.

I said that I would amalgamate my National Saving in the sum of £7.19.3d to bolster the countries economy.

I still await their reply.

It's beautiful white sand up the top (edging on to a 600-acre park - and outdoor swimming pools dotted along the bays. How many large cities have that? Vancouver is regularly voted in the top six cities to live in in the world. Maybe you should stick to Wales Mick. ;)

Vancouver is a bit far to go unfortunately Stu

For the past couple of days we have been viewing properties in the Oswestry Chester and Wrexham areas.

What a lovely town Wrexham is, the short time we spent there.

And in that general area the people are extremely friendly.

Seriously Mick , (And I mean this most sincerely, as I know we haven't exactly been seeing eye to eye of late) Give Wrexham city itself a wide birth. !! It's 541t hole full of chavs of the worst kind. You may have just been lucky where you were if you were in the city itself.

Out of the city slightly and there are some beautiful places , Coedpoeth, Rhosllanerchrugog, Pentre, Maelor, and a little further down the road in Bangor on Dee , all very nice places. But please avoid Wrexham like the plague !!

No one would live in a town itself Ian, I was referring to its facilities.

I am sure we did look at Coedpoeth, and Rhosllanerchrugog,

We found some beautiful places but they had beautiful council estates next to them

And I am not a snob as you well know.

We saw a nice semi in a low crime area, if we could get it at the right price we would move there.

The estate agents unofficially told us where not to look.

And its a big country out there.

We wont be divulging publicly where we decide on.

Oh I did look at Rhyll and wondered why people were desperate to move from there

Now we know :)

Mick, go somewhere that you can spell, LOL! Those Welsh towns are a mouthful. When we were looking in the southwest for a motel there was one for sale in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. I said we couldn't go there, cos we'd always have trouble spelling it.

Rhyll is a right s41t hole, you wipe your feet as you leave some of the houses there. Even the mice wear overalls.

And to state the bleeding obvious:-

"Everybody is friendly towards you, if they're after getting you to part with your hard earned"

We will be in St. Augustine, FL next weekend and Mary has found condos in the Deland area that we may go and take a look at. Planning to sell up here, buy a winter place in FL (or somewhere warmer than here), then rent an apt. (or live in the RV) here until she retires.

If Mudgie is up for lunch next Saturday - let us know!

Tasmania.

That's where I started out in Oz, at a place called Zeehan on the north western side of the Island, nice place, nice people, but like Nottingham, crap weather, it was just like being back in the UK. So gave up and moved north where the weather is a lot better.

I zoomed in & its too crowded & the people are not wearing knotted hankies so i will stick to Skeg

We can all wear knotted hankies at the next meet up?

I just had a call from man estate agent. A very nice 3 bed detached house we saw somewhere, now reduced from £117,500 to £95,000

Still lots of places to look around the country, and the price might fall even more? :)