Where would you move to given the choice?

What area is that Mick ? Don't want the exact locale just an idea as to where the prices are coming down. !

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The wife and I are having a sea change....have bought a place with two and a half acres overlooking the Tamar valley and river down in Tasmania, sold the house here in Melbourne and we move, lock, sto

1960's Nottingham Rog

#107,would just ORM all day

Mick, go somewhere that you can spell, LOL! Those Welsh towns are a mouthful. When we were looking in the southwest for a motel there was one for sale in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. I said we couldn't go there, cos we'd always have trouble spelling it.

Like here? Ynysybwl :)

Sending you a PM.

Hope he's better than the prat we have now! and the last gawd knows how many before him, mind you when you see the present labour alternative I'm not so sure, Is he old enough to vote?

Don't knock nicked vowels - there is a town near here called Hamtramck (pronounced Hamtramuck), and another, Ypsilanti!

(But you don't want to live in either!)

Florida,nice climate, nice people, nice price on property, been here 11 years wouldn't want to move anywhere else.

Moved around a little,came here and decided to settle.

Bought the house in a small town/ village,15 min's from the beach,$75,000,completely refurbished,almost a giveaway.

Brian i dont think i could put up with all the shootings, drug dealers & Gang bangers your side

Can you have a concealed weapon permit like here ?

I live near Detroit and have never even slightly felt the need for a weapon of any kind - and Detroit makes where Bryan lives look like Disneyworld!

If you have need to shoot somebody to feel safe, then I would seriously consider moving!

Living in a city or suburbs I doubt you have any dangerous wildlife Eric, I live in bear country and cougar country, you'd have to be very foolish not to have a high powered rifle just in case.. I hope I never encounter either animals, but at least I am prepared.

When I live at Mt Aukum in California, my neighbour up the hill, about 400 feet away had two lions in his yard one afternoon, he was worried about his dogs, but they had taken refuge in a safe place.

I also have other large wildcats around here, not as large as cougars, but just as nasty..

Most of the time, most wild animals will stay clear of humans, BUT, I'd sooner be prepared, than walk out the door into the arms of a several hundred pound brown bear who is looking for his dinner and I have no means of defense...

There are more critters in the states beside human critters...

Miami is a looooong way from Deltona!

Besides, if Miami Vice is the criteria, California HAS to be the most dangerous place in the world - look at all the cop/detective/crime shows that are based there! But that would make Detroit pretty safe too!

John - it is hard to carry a rifle as a concealed weapon!

My first visit to LA in 95... advice given by an LA Cop friend, on route from LAX to Glendale.

"Stay on the darned freeway"

You stuff it down your pants leg Eric.........LOL But always make sure the safety is on, or it can get pretty painful.....LOL

Anyway, after watching all those westerns and crime shows, I'd love a gun or rifle like they use, no recoil etc...... Always been a dream owning a recoiless gun. Mine tend to kick like a mule when fired.....

LIMEY what has happend to your sence of humour.

BTW my next door neighbour & good friend was one of the cops that was portrayed in that movie The Onion Field.

As for the wildlife shotgun with snake shot for the Rattlers that sometimes come down from the hills looking for water

Mountain Lions dont come this far down

Racoons dont mess with them nasty buggers

Possums same

Skunks same

Coyote get a Lhama

Spiders dont stick your hand anywhere that you cant see into i found that one out myself.

Eagles & Owls watch your small dogs

Morning Ayupmeducks,

I was thinking more to the east coast of Tassie; that Zeehan is too cold with nothing between it and South America. You in the mines there?

Going to Cradle Mountain Lodge for a few days mid week soon...God's country with pure air, great walks, fine wines and good food. Wife and I thinking of moving to Tassie when she retires. Either there or Tumut in NSW (base of the Snowies and where she was born).

It can't be that bad in the 'Good old US of A' , because no matter who kills you, one of the CSIs or The Mentalist will soon suss out the perpatrators of you unfortunate demise............... slywink

• Upvote 1

Bazza, you must not discriminate so much. Our beloved Government opens its arms and our wallets to more than the Afghans. What about the sudanese, iraqis, iranian, malaysian, timorese, chinese, vietnamese, somalian, ugandan, indian, sri lankan, burmese, ethiopian, bhutanese, congolese but to name a few.

We are a multi national country and should be proud of the fact that we support so many poor brothers and sisters from foreign lands with cash hand outs, housing, jobs and education at the expense of our own people. Why shouldn't we be forced to respect these poor immigrants and their cultures, religion, dress sense,flags, politics and beliefs just because they do not respect ours even when they are living in this country?

Pig Iron Bob would be turning in his grave.

Sorry Trev I missed this.

I didn't mention the others cos for a start I can't spell most of em and secondly I get typewriter cramp easily these days. slywink

Baz :ninja:

one of the CSIs or The Mentalist will soon suss out the perpatrators of you unfortunate demise

Which is more than will happen here, a large number of the CSI's are being made redundant across the east midlands (and countrywide)

I have lived in Newbury Berkshire for just over 5 years. I married a Newbury Gal which i met on the internet. I have always had the wanderlust, and when we got offered this Flat in Newbury I, and the Mrs jumped at the chance. I couldn't wait to get out of Nottingham, it's not the same city i grew up in. I lived in Bulwell when we moved, and i was sick of all the Chavs hanging about on the streets.

Hi Trev, it's only a short drive from Zeehan to the Indian Ocean, The west coast gets lots and lots and lots and lots of rain...You get the picture.. I worked for Renison Bell way back then.

Tumut is nice, been there many times, and I lived in Wollongong just south of Sydney and Bathurst, just "over the hill"

Bathurst was nice large town layout wise with small population, plenty of good shopping, good hospital and schools nice folk. Can get cold in winter but summers are very hot and dry, so they aren't too bad.

I live stateside now Trev, been here since 1989.

• Upvote 1

In the Beverley Hills Cop movies the guy who played the Detroit Chief of Police really was the Detroit Chief of Police!