The perils of Spring time gardening

I have another froggy down near my pond (as well as the real ones!) but I've not seen my pal visiting over that way. Under the cover of darkness - who knows though!

Frogs are notorious for turning into princes once kissed....................resist the temptation Stu, or we'll be ankle deep in princes!!

& Phil the Greek won't be happy after all the trouble he went to providing Hier & a few spares............

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Be careful if they accept - there might be a tribe of pygmies hiding-out in there!

A couple of months ago a local couple bought a bungalow up the hill from me.  The grounds had a mature wood of about 150yrs age and a good hedgerow in front of their garden wall along the roadside.  They immediately set about razing the woodland to the ground and grubbing up the hedgerow.  They now live in a bungalow surrounded by emptiness apart from the gravestones towering above their wall on their eastern boundary.  They cannot garden the former woodland without removing the tree stumps - which will be near-impossible now that the stumps are at ground level and their front wall, a drystone dyke, is almost completely fallen down and a cpmlete mess.  I suppose it takes all sorts!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

They'll soon complain when the east winds rip through their property. Disgusting behaviour !

I can't wait until the north-Atlantic winter storms hit them, Fly!  Those trees grew slowly, with the winds and gave lots of protection. 100mph winds will play havoc with their roof and greenhouse :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nouveau Riche after a bit of the 'good life'. They'll soon be squirming back to Surrey .

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...