Need a new camera

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thing that gets me with cameras is shutter lag, The time it takes to record the image after pressing the shutter Some are so slow that the thing you were trying to take is not even there anymore

Depends where you're standing. !! Trying telling that to the folks who are standing on "Coris Corner" in the Welsh mountains. And these fellows were certainly less than 1000 feet away when they

This discussion is really taking off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ain't that from "Top Gun" - Oh, no, that was with a MiG! ;)

And the return pass !

7228550100_5799b21614_b.jpg

I see Flickr are playing silly boggers again

Flickr Picture above not showing?

Using multiple exposure does tend to give one some choice :)

I just returned from Wales, My mate suggested the Llanberis Oswestry route via A5.

A5 that'l be a fast route I thought...WRONG!

Next time its the long route Motorway and A55 coast road.

Beautiful countryside and towns, but I was so knackered I never stopped to get my 60d out!

Shame on me!

Welcome to the Canon DSLR users club Compo. A good choice.

Yer cant tek it we yer!

• Upvote 1

God knows what's happened there I It was up. I'll try again.

It's a nice , if slow, drive up the A5 very scenic up through Snowdonia.

I think the top one is landing upside down on the lower one - or something <vbg>

Nah then - 'ere's summat as'll mek yer laff:

I bought a nice 70-300mm telephoto lens from eBay. Fits like a dream but of no use....didn't read the ad properly; it's not a digital camera lens - DOH!

Sounds like an FD lens.

Good lens

You can get an adapter but no autofocus exposure ets.

Why dintcher ask yer mates fost, yer daft bogger!

There used to be a Pitts Special bi-plane on the US display circuit that had landing gear below and above the fuselage and he would land it upside-down!

It's an EF fit lens. It works on autofocus/manual focus and takes pictures. Problem is that in order to see the picture I have to turn the camera off and then back on again!

I have bitten the bullet and purchased a Canon (digital) telephoto lens - new, from the same place I bought the camera.

ooh you bu99er !!!

& Beefy i like the colour better on my pic so there.

Even with the spots on the sensor that i dont know where they came from

Canon do a brilliant wide angle 18-85 zoom, But it has a known *fault which develops after a period of time.

I had one that I bought off ebay, and sent it back faulty. I now have the Sigma version.

*but its easy to fix as you can see from this video

dgbrit, they aren't oil spots are they??? The Nikon D7000 is a camera with that problem, if it is oil spots, the oil comes from the mirror mechanism, you'll need professional cleaning.

I've had a quick look Derek and I'm pretty sure it's a just dust spot or two.

I'm not sure how to do it with Nikon , but with Canon you can raise the mirror manualy and clean the sensor with a swab.

I have a 'pen' type thing that I got from Jessops in their 'sale' a couple of years back. The kit it came in should have been 40 sommat quid , I got it for £17 , it does the job OK.

IIRC, there is a method of locking the mirror up on the Nikon - but I think they recommend one of those dust-free aerosol devices to blow off any dust. Be VERY careful touching the sensor with anything - replacement would be big $$$

You really have to be careful what you do and how you go about it.

I used one of those aerosols a few years back and ended up having to clean the (slight) smear it left with a cotton bud and ........ bu99er I've forgot what the fluid is called , (Something like methylated spirits but it isn't that !

Now I just use a hand opperated air blower (came with that kit mentioned earlier) and the pen thing, only discovered the best way by trial and error though.

My mate Tom ( pro photographer) showed me the best way to do it in the end , he was quite impressed with the pen thingy, as it collects the dirt and cleans and re juices itself when you put the lid back on!

There is a special tool to clean the filter without causing damage, it's not expensive and comes with a correct cleaning fluid. The tool is a flat soft tool designed for sensor filters.

Do a search for DSLR sensor/filter cleaning tools.

I did it succesfully the 3rd time around first time i tried blowing with the airasol can it made it worse

then i got the cleaning swab fromthe camera shop that didnt work either

Then i got the info of the net about cutting down a silicone spatular the same size as the sensor & getting some lens cleaning wipes & folding them over the end & holding in place with a rubber band

One wipe in one direction & replace the tissue

I did add some 90% Isopropyl alcahol to the wipe as the only ones i could get were GREEN tree hugger stuff

Took a picture of the white wall moving the camera all the time with a 1 sec exposure then viewed on the computer.

It took three times cleaning but i did it

By the way this camera has been through the wars so i was not really bothered about screwing up

The lens was broken off at one time by our cat jumping up & pulling it off the table by the strap

I did the repair to the body & staightened out the mounting bayonet filled the screw holes & re drilled them then attached the bayonet back on the body, Good job we have wood floors as i dont think i would have found the screws that were pulled out of the body, Anyway that was about 2 years ago & it still works fine.

Isoprophyl Alcohol, that's the fellah , I'm pretty sure that's what my pen thingy is impregnated with.

Thank's , ( My head hurts now !!)

You're supposed to put it on/in the pen thingy, not sniff it!

I forgot - an easy way to clean contacts - battery terminals, etc is to use a PINK pencil eraser. The ones on the end of a pencil work great. The white/plastic ones don't work worth a damn but the pink ones are magic!

• 3 weeks later...

Who shoots Raw files i just downloaded/Upgraded the latest from Nikon along with the firmware upgrades for my cameras.

Its someting i forget to check i was 2 updates behind i didnt realise that they still bring out the upgrades even though the cameras are not current models

Yes it did make a diff that i could notice instantly after installing.