Big storm here last night. Plants blown all over the place and many hydrangea broken. Shed door came open in the wind and the banging seems to have driven the blackbird off her nest. I hope she returns.

Blackbird nest abandoned and chicks all now dead.

• 8 years later...

The wind yesterday saved me from picking some fruit from the trees, but I now have to clear up, problem is the apples and pears are not yet ripe enough to eat. Two photos of some of the mess the wind made.

pear.jpg

apple.jpg

1 hour ago, trogg said:

all of it together with plums and fruit from other trees is now in the green garden waste bin.

Oh No Trogg, can't you get the fruit back out of the garden bin. This last two weeks, I have been given fruit and veg  free from my in laws. I have frozen stewed apples, stewed plums, stewed rhubarb, just waiting for the damsons now. Always got a quick pudd , just have to whip up a bit of pastry or crumble  on the day. I have also salted runner beans,  Frozen some runner beans . Boiled and pickled more beetroot than I have ever done before. Eight large jars of pickled shallots and four jars of blackcurrant jam and four of plum. So Trogg, no need to throw it away, there is always something that can be made with excess fruit and veg.

Wish I lived near you miduck, I would raid your bin if you let me, I would make you and mrs Trogg some plum jam as a thank you. My jam is legendary. slywink

• Like 3