Any accent experts out there?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There used to be a programme on telly called "Ask Aspel" (Michael aspel was the host). It was always referred to as ARSK ASPEL. Now, if you are going to say ARSK then surely you should also say ARSPE

Arh, may anorl serry.

I remember learning the story of "The Creation" whilst iat Ripley Methodist Church. IIRC the last line was , "And on't 7th day, lord said bu99er it am jiggered, and went back t bed"

I had to laugh the first time I went to Australia - the Aussies claiming they don't have an accent! They most certainly do - AND it varies depending on where in Oz they live!

That's called "Australian Inclination" always sounds like they're asking a question.

SWMBO says things like parff instead of path and I constantly have a stern word or two because she's passing it on to the kids !! (Or should that be parssing it on to the kids !)

• Upvote 1

That's called "Australian Inclination" always sounds like they're asking a question.

SWMBO says things like parff instead of path and I constantly have a stern word or two because she's passing it on to the kids !! (Or should that be parssing it on to the kids !)

Posh people stick 'R's' in everything................Grarss, glarss, brarss, parss, barth..............my SWMBO's a southerner, but I've taught our 2 boys to speak 'Nottingham', they now have 2 languages, only one of which is understood by their friends, only dad undersatnds the other............ :biggrin:

It was always core when we were kids,we used eat the apple and the core, waste not wont not. We was told do not swallow the pips because if you do a apple tree will grow inside you, still waiting for the tree.

That 'orrible scaly bit around the pips took some chewin'....................but we were same, always 'etitall, cos we never knew when we'd gat another, no fruit bowls in our house. except at christmas

From the mid 5th century untill the mid 7th century,England played host to many European tribes,some well known and other smaller tribes not so common.

The main 'invaders'were,Danes,Jutes,Angles,Saxons,and Friesian.

The Trent like many rivers, played a major role,in the movement of these 'invaders'to the interior of England.

Most of these people spoke an old German/Nordic language,it would seem that the 'invaders' were able to understand each

other.

A word I have come across,while researching this era is 'Blochenkreig' or 'war block' the mass of fighting men formed in ranks.Maybe the individual was a 'bloch' later becoming a 'bloke'

TV gardeners almost invariably PLARNT things. I PLANT things but they sometimes don't grow - I wonder if I should try PLARNTING instead?