:) Donna Summer (La Donna Adrian Gaines, December 31st, 1948 - May 17th, 2012) :)

:) I remember Donna as an extremely glamorous lady with a strong, rich voice. :)

Elton John said: "Summer was more than the 'Queen of disco', adding: "her records today sound as good as they ever did."

:) I'll second that Elton; 'I Feel Love' - truly original. God Bless Donna :)

A friend once described the best way to drive long, boring trips (try Pretoria to Middleburg, South Africa - dead straight and (then) a 55mph limit): "Put the long version of Love to Love You in the tape player - next thing you know, you are 20 minutes down the road!"

Very true!

A month before 9/11, Donna declared that she'd had a dream about the tragedy that was going to happen; she was living in Manhatten at the time.

Donna died from lung cancer and was convinced that it had been caused by the 9/11 toxic debris.

God Bless you Donna, I played your 'Winter Melody' last night - your best song; such tuneful clarity. :)

Try Donna singing -Mimi's song, a mothers love for the little girl she has to leave behind, my heart goes out to Mimi at this sad time

Come on people now, make time to play Donna singing: 'Winter Melody'. The song truly is beautiful. :)

If you don't care for Donna's 'raunchy' stuff, I'll guarantee you'll fall in love with the lady's singing after you've heard this. :)

They are saying it was lung cancer - which she attributed to playing in smoke-filled clubs.

Could be true too - but the dust from those towers caught a LOT of people - and I haven't heard of a lung cancer spike from it. Biggest complaints have been from respiratory issues and allergies.

Who knows, maybe she secretly smoked two packs a day, she has certainly been very secretive for a number of years.

I was never a Disco fan, and she apparently didn't really like being called the "Queen of Disco" - but a LOT of her stuff was far beyond disco rubbish. She did have an amazing voice.

Like Limey, I was never a fan of Disco music and couldn't wait for it to fade away. Every song that came on the radio seemed to have the same backing. I feel the same about Rap music today. The stage full of 'black gentlemen' shouting into their mikes with every song sounding the same. Thankfully, it seems to be dying away at last. Donna Summer had a good voice though and she made lots of good songs on her albums.