Fresh Air Walks, not far from home that: "dun't cost much".

Compo, thanks for the info. but I never seem to get stuck for an idea for a walk. :)

Managed one on Bulwell Forest today. Lovely, soft warm air, lots of bushy meadowsweet growing, hawthorn blossom too, wild flowers in profusion: buttercups, daisys, forget-me-nots; a beautiful sight. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Took a walk down colwick park t'other day when we had all that lovely hot weather, looking at the weather now it seems abit unbelievable it was all of a week or so ago, I live about a 20-30 min walk from the mile end road entrence of colwick park so i packed up abit of lunch for me and baby and off we went. It was lovely! Apart from the couple who decided to strip down to their underwear and do unspeakable things with each other in full view of children and mums with babies, there seemed to be alot of mothers having a walk with their pushchairs that day. We sat by the lake feeding the ducks, she was quite impressed when one waddled upto her! Had our lunch and headed off back. Was so nice to get out of the house, spend some mummy daughter time away from everything, get some fresh air (& sunburn..) i pointed out everything to my daughter, i tried to show her how to throw bread to the ducks but she eat it instead... but she did throw her rusk to the ducks, almost there!

...I made the mistake of wearing flipflops that day, the thong bit of my flipflop rubbed and rubbed between my toes, giving me a blister, popping the blister and rubbing a nice hole in my foot thats still there! ouchie. But all in all... a lovely day & i plan to take a walk there again when its nice because i never realised how close i was to it! :)

It is! Even funnier when they decide to chuck their slimey half eaten rusk at them instead!

Take advantage of these days Pixie,they only come around once, and are so precious.

My baby came to visit me a few months ago,he's 33,and my youngest.

It seems like yesterday,I was doing with him what you are doing with your daughter.

PS, do we have your daughters name?

For some reason, i never put my daughters name on the forum, Her names Paige :) & i make the best i can with these days, im currently a stay at home mum.. I get up early just to get the house sorted most days so we can spend the day playing & teaching her new things but it still flies past!

Unusual name,is there an explanation of it? Being with your kids is the way to go.

There are so many children that are neglected,one way or another.

keep doing what you are doing,you will have not just a daughter,but a best friend for life.

Shes only 8 months, but i do feel like where already best of friends, the most rewarding thing is when she's tired and shes sat on my knee, then starts sucking her thumb and snuggles into my chest, i dont need no thankyous or acts of appreciation as long as i have those moments. No real reasoning behind her name, i just fell inlove with it. Her first full name is Paige-Sabrina, i just think its a beautiful name & her middle is after a close relation of mine :)

• 4 weeks later...

Paige is a beautiful name, but you can keep the Soggy rusks unless its fresh out of the box,

in a bowl with hot milk :)

Paige-Sabrina is a lovely name, Pixie and I'm sure she'll have a happy, loving life with you as her Mum. My granddaughter is called Paige and I can remember a lady called Sabrina from the 50/60's. She was a beautiful glamour model and actress who'd send the boys wild. At the time she was known as the 'British Jayne Mansfield'. Like mudgie49 says, they are special times but before you know it Paige-Sabrina will be a teenager who is pinching your clothes...lol

• 2 weeks later...

I took a nice walk up the old railway line off Melton Rd (WB) over the bridge up to...don't know the name of the road the one with Rushcliffe leisure center on then down to Loughborough Road and then up and through Sharp Hill woods to admire the view over Nottingham..nice pleasant walk of an evening :)

Curly

Curly, Rushcliffe Leisure Centre and school is on Boundary Road mate, 'twas my seat of learning in the seventies. Haven't been up yonder for many a year....

haven't been on any more adventures as the weather is failing us, its July and iv had my heating on a lot! today I'm making a casarole when we should be having a salad! & Mick, I love rusks too! did you know you can get flavoured ones too? the banana ones just taste like the originals, I often cheekily take one b have it with a nice brew!

Curly, Rushcliffe Leisure Centre and school is on Boundary Road mate, 'twas my seat of learning in the seventies. Haven't been up yonder for many a year....

Ah, Boundary Road that's the one :) I may take a few more walks up there if we ever get any summer.

Curly