Hi Guys. I'm back after a long absence because of health. I'm sorry if my exit from the Forum was a bit abrupt but at the time i didn't feel like going into long explanations. Me, and my wife Dawn are moving soon to a brand spanking new flat, two bedrooms, and it's LARGE believe me, we deserve it after what we have been through.

Hi TonyW, glad to hear you're in better health.....................you now need to pick up from where you left off, try to forget the years of pain & struggle. Start on your new life, by telling us where pou were 'brung up' & what are your good memories from the past, forget the 'bad 'uns' they're history, & you've lived throught them.

It's a cliche but: Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger!!...................good luck mate.......... :biggrin:

hello tony and welcome back to the fourum hope you are on the mend look forward to seeing you post again

Hello Paulus. I was "Brung up" LOL on Edwin Street No 60 near the top of the street on the left hand side. I lived in the Old St anns from the years of 1955 to 1969 then i left for Broxtowe. More to follow. Thank you for the welcome back. hellothere

Welcome back Tony.

Glad your on the mend and back with your friends :)

Look forward to hearing from you.

You have a lot of interesting stuff to catch up with

Berrer geronweeit then, Eh? :)

Not familiar with St Anns, but lived in Aspley from 1951 to 1970, knew a lot of Broxter boys & girls................Wilkinsons, Pritchetts, Miller Newman, Fuzz Whitby............... :)

Paulus i knew all of the families you mentioned. I lived just round the corner from the Pritchetts, in fact Paul was a good mate of mine born on the same, and same year. I went to school with the Whitby's. I knew the Wilkinsons they used to live on Woodfield Rd, Barry Wilkinson was a mate of my eldest brother Pete. I use to live on Frinton at 171 opposite the Wilsons. I have the same surname of Wilkinson hence the "W". Small world innit. :) . Bomber Wells was a good mate of mine too.

Paulus i knew all of the families you mentioned. I lived just round the corner from the Pritchetts, in fact Paul was a good mate of mine born on the same, and same year. I went to school with the Whitby's. I knew the Wilkinsons they used to live on Woodfield Rd, Barry Wilkinson was a mate of my eldest brother Pete. I use to live on Frinton at 171 opposite the Wilsons. I have the same surname of Wilkinson hence the "W". Small world innit. :) . Bomber Wells was a good mate of mine too.

Proper Broxter lad you were, I work with Paul Wilkinson, but my mate was older brother 'Mad Kev', & Dave Pritchett

I came to Broxter in 1967, and went to John Player School until 1969 when i started down Babbington Colliery. I left Broxter in 1972 or there abouts but i made some good friends up there. i was pals with an Irish lad "Tony Culligan" who use to go to John player. memories hey?.