Ever wished for something and it's come true?

Last night on my way up to bed, I looked up to the kitchen clock and thought: "now wouldn't it be nice if I could sleep right through and wake up at half past seven."

Well I did just that! And now I've got the whole, long, sunny day in front of me; aren't I just lucky? :)

Looking at the weather forecast, it seems you have a long, sunny day ahead :o)

There's nothing like a long sunny day in England,not to hot.

What you need is a continuation of them, from April to mid October.

Didn't it used to be like that in the 50s,and and then those 'pea soupers in early November?

Hi Mudgie, back then, the Summers seemed to have lasted all the long school holiday - and longer. :)

Anyway, the glorious sun today brought out the people en mass; Bulwell Market was busy and bustling.

The sunshine certainly puts a smile on everybody's face. :biggrin:

24 degrees here at the moment !

Any way back to the subject in hand.........................

I've just had a wish come true ....... We were having a discussion on another forum about our wish list for this years Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT)

Amongst the 'usual suspects' (B-1 , B-2, F-22, F-35 etc) I threw a C-27j "Spartan" into the mix, and how I wished that they could get him back, and he was allowed to do his full 'show' etc.

I've seen his display from a long way off a couple of times and it's fantastic, unfortunately I was outside the fence in the campsite at Fairford last year and still pitching my tent so I didn't get any good shoots as he did his rehersal. He didn't get to display on the Saturday because the weather was awful for the first couple of hours and they cancelled his slot. As for the Sunday, I was just queuing to get in and due to the security cordon last year, I could only watch from inside the entrance marquee as he put it through it's paces.

Anyway , we were told it wasn't coming to these shores this year, but !!!! Dah Dah DAAAAH !........ !jumping!

http://www.aeronauti..._2012_Riat.aspx

And here's a little taster of his abilities and the reason he won our vote for 'Display of the show'

The weather still wasn't too good for him till the very end of his show!

It makes a change for the CAA to allow this kind of show to happen , they're normally a right bunch of spoil sports!

• Upvote 1