Wanted:

1960s transistor radio with Radio Caroline written on dial. Any make or model considered. I'l pay anything up to a couple of quid for one of these ;o)

Wanted:

1960s transistor radio with Radio Caroline written on dial. Any make or model considered. I'l pay anything up to a couple of quid for one of these ;o)

I used to have one but Radio Caroline was written in red crayon.

Baz :ninja:

• 8 years later...

The first car I remember was my dads Morris 8 series 2 which was what he had as soon as I was old enough to notice. I used to go with my dad to a garage in the Park estate where my dad knew the owner who looked after it mechanically. I believe they’d served in the AFS together in the war. Once we’d got in the park he’d sit me on his knee and I’d steer it as it was private. I’d love one if I could afford one. 

• Like 2

My first car was a 1936 Morris 8. I kept it on some wasteland 100 yards form home.  I re built the engine from scratch. The first job was to remove the engine but was too heavy to lift out single handedly. I stripped as much of it off including the cylinder head and then was able to lift it out and balance it on my bike crossbar and wheel it home. I souped it up by fitting the bigger Morris 10 valves and a steering wheel from an MG :cool: I used it to go to work in when apprenticed at the ROF. That was before I took driving lessons and my test:rolleyes: