A beautiful day,enjoyed gardening for most of it.Decided to get the sun lounger out and sit with a tipple.Got everything ready,sat in said lounger,that was it,arse over tit.The damn thing collapsed on me,lucky not to have lost a finger or anything else come to that.

Now that means i have to buy another one,not built to last nowadays.

I have four deck chairs in the shed - every one of them collapsed over the last five years. As you say - nowt lasts these days.

I had a rope around a large boulder yesterday. The idea was to drag it along to a new position in the garden. The rope came off, of course it would wouldn't it, and as I went ars* over tit I did so in a fit of laughter at the silliness of the situation.

I hope it was tea and not beer!

The former usually can be prone to coming down ones nose in a humorous situation.

Member Eric 'Limey' seems to be a person who suffers from this.

I resemble that remark!

Limey

One should avoid contact exposure to buffoonery or buffoons in general, if one values ones nasal passages!

That means I can't hang around here then!

Yes! i should have been on the tea leaf stuff but i thought better of it.I cannot remember the last time i had an alcoholic drink mid afternoon,but just one bottle of Spitfire i deserved after gardening and that fed my lawn.

I'm still ticked off because that was the last of the alcohol,and i had to go back to the tea.

I remember a few years ago going to Doncaster to see a Rock & Roll band called Crazy Cavan. On the way back to Nottingham everyone stopped at a Services. We went outside and I sat on this wall but went backwards and landed on my head. Everyone thought it was hilarious....except me.

In 2001 I was shadowed by a central TV cameraman at at work.

I had a photographic job at a road accident on a winter night.

In order to get a better viewpoint, I stood on the top of a brick wall.

The wall was covered with a layer of ice.

I went Arse over Tit. and it was on film!

I threatened the cameraman if it ever appeared on TV, I would hunt him down.

Perhaps my most memorable A over T episode was on the east coast. I'd been for a few 'refreshments' in Mablethorpe and was walking home the couple of miles home to Sutton-on-Sea with my then partner.Of course the inevitable happened and I needed to relieve myself of several cool pints of Home Bitter half way back and so chose a very long long drive way up to a large building which stood amidst several acres to preserve my modesty. Being that modest chap, I walked quite some way up this tree-lined drive before planning to do the needful. One step...two steps... and ARGHHH! I was somersaulted into a deep brook waist high in muddy water.

My partner didn't laugh...much!

• Upvote 1

I was talking to SWMBO when walking out top a restaurant in Unawatuna on night. Suddenly she disappeared - down a storm drain! She gave me one hell of a row for laughing till I stopped!