Motor Cycle Enthusiast Page

Not a Manx as they were single cylinder models Paulus,I did post a pic of a Manx earlier on in this thread

Mick, the pic was took in Lincolnshire where a bit of wood like that could act as currency if you know what I mean

Rog

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I've been on this forum a few years now, I'd better put up a few pics of mine, past and present. Currently in the stable; 1942 Harley-Davidson WLC; one of 88,000 produced by the company duri

O happy days; and some sad ones. Top picture is me (left!) and pal Johnny Bennett at a trials meeting at Bevercotes in September 1959. John's mother had the tuffee shop on Nuthall Road. Emigrated to S

Posted Images

From about 8 years old I have had a passion for motorcycles. I used to look at them dream of them and generally obsessed about them. I got my first when I was 13, an NSU Quickly moped which I swapped for an Aerial Leader about a year later which I rode on private land (honest). I have always since had a motor bike in my life. Some wonderful and some modest. The list of bikes I have had is not that long as I kept some a long time and although I have had brief flirtations with Japanese and a fling with a BMW the majority have been British and big singles.

I am currently in mourning as I have recently sold the BSA B31 that I have owned for the last 9 years. I have developed a long term health problem and have to face the fact that I am never going to ride again. I cannot pull the clutch, brake or even get it on and off the stand. Having the health issue has effected me in many ways and none of them good. But I cannot begin to tell you how strange I feel at not owning a bike. I sold it a few months back and still haven't got over it even though I have not ridden it for several years just not having a bike is awful. I planned in my mind long continental tours when I retired none of which will happen now. If it's in your blood then enjoy it while you can. Not owning a bike is the least of my problems or so I thought but, Lord, I do miss it.

like the race outfit, think that norton travels to a lot of shows despite its age it only has about 30 miles on the clock always goes in a van and the guy who owns it gets very upset if he dont win never been rode more than a few yards. not a real bike in my eyes just a show toy for someone who has more money than sence bikes are made to be rode.

Quite agree with you about the Norton, such a waste of a superb machine, just thought I would take a pic of it for the Norton fans, but, yes it should be ridden to the shows, I have a pic of the outfit from the other side, I'll find it out and post it for you

Rog

My Mate bought a brand new Harley & left for the Sturgis Rally 4000 mile round trip

I did take some pics of his new bike will post them soon

My Mate bought a brand new Harley & left for the Sturgis Rally 4000 mile round trip

I did take some pics of his new bike will post them soon

That's nowt, going to skeggy tomorrow in my fiesta! lol, (later today actually) should be a good reunion weekend

• 4 weeks later...
article-2189402-1491FCA9000005DC-443_634x338.jpg?t=13460909711922 Brough SS80. Part of the Allen collection, saw it in the Canadian newspaper that this motorcycle will be up for sale October 4th at Duxford, Cambridgeshire. The bike is expected to fetch 270,000 pounds.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...