Motor Cycle Enthusiast Page

Right on ASh the only thing thats not right is the ends of the oil tank & battery box should be the same blue as the tank

The bike only has 2500mls

all i have to do now is fix the throttle twistgrip end the cable has come disconnected & i cant remember how you get the cable back in it dosnt split apart ,

It has the throttle Hold/Lock thing on it.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I've been on this forum a few years now, I'd better put up a few pics of mine, past and present. Currently in the stable; 1942 Harley-Davidson WLC; one of 88,000 produced by the company duri

O happy days; and some sad ones. Top picture is me (left!) and pal Johnny Bennett at a trials meeting at Bevercotes in September 1959. John's mother had the tuffee shop on Nuthall Road. Emigrated to S

Posted Images

nice bonnie dg fit a nice watsonian double adult side car to it and weel come and do rout 66 on it

Blue Tank? I had a 59 Bonneville, bought at Roy Wartons £120 or £25 deposit and 7/6d a week for next 20 years or whatever, had seen it in his shop, tatty with alloy guards, he did it up a bit, clip ons and new sports mudguards, think the later for a Trophy as deep red/grey, so he sprayed tank to match, everyone thought it was a trophy with twin carb head! Always thought a stupid idea to have a nacelle on out and out sports bike? guess triumph though same? as only there 1st year of production, why they changed colour at sane time I don't know, orange/white looked good, never seen a "live" bonnie thus, or one with a nacelle

re the throttle, assume you mean the friction thumb screw to keep throttle open when you hand signal? (ensures that if you crash not only do cycle parts get damaged but engine blows up too as doing 15,000 revs laying in ditch,lol) I must have took more than one off but can't recall? has it got the 1" reduced to7/8" for the throttle bars? all I recall re throttles was as you say split and those 2 monkey metal cross head screws that you had to kango out! lol

No this one is solid dosnt split

This guy is a perfectionist so i want to do it right as you can see from the bikes in the background

My 1953 Tiger 100 has that type. Its easier with the cable disconnected at the carburettors' end, Unscrew the hexagonal cable abutment on the twist grip and remove it. Then you offer up the inner cable into the twist grip with the twist grip fully closed (having removed the abutment,the twistgrip can be closed more than normal,exposing the bit where the cable nipple locates). You can then replace the abutment,and reconnect the carburettors.

Am assuming you have removed twistgrip by removing grub screw under it? am told you then "roll back" rubber grip where you will see circlip and washer, remove these and all will be revealed, after connection advise is to drill hole into handlebars once poition of twist grip is set up so brass grub screw engages into chromed handlebar instead of trying to stop things twisting via overtightening grub screw ( brass v chrome? which is harder)

• 2 weeks later...

Bonnie fired up for 30 seconds & sold for-----------------------------------------------$20,000 after i free'd the clutch off.

how dose that convert to pounds dg. dont know the exchange rate at the moment.

babs

• 4 weeks later...

any of you bike enthusiasts living nottingham derbyshire area want something to do on satutday afternoon ilkeston museum have a classic bike afternoon free entrance a good afternoon email erewash museum for more details always good cheap refreshments availableat any of there events plus wether spoons pub and market very close .

• 9 months later...

Quite accurate, Michael. When me and my BMW had an interface with a car outside Inn for a Penny, my first thought as I lay in the road was how the bike was.

Unfortunately, its offside cylinder and rear subframe didn't survive bouncing up the kerb and was a write-off. :(

All I got was a few bruises thanks to wearing the right gear.

I dropped my KZ a few years ago while loading it onto my trailer. I walking into the house bloodied and bruised, but all I could say to Mary when she saw the sight was "I broke the bike"! She still laughs at me!