Motor Cycle Enthusiast Page

HI DG SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS WIFE, WE HAD SOME SAD NEWS LAST DOWN THE HEART I DONT KNOW IF YOU REMEMBER ALWYN, MAURICE AND JEFF KETTLE FROM MANSFIELD WHITE CROSS THEY OFTEN DID DRAGON AND ELEPHANT RALLIES IN THE 60S ON COMBOES, WE WERE TOLD LAST NIGHT THAT MAURICE HAD DIED VERY SUDDENLY ON MONDAY EVENING HIS FUNERAL WILL BE THURSDAY 7TH JUNE AT MANSFIELD CREMETORIUM. PIGGY MICK MARRIOTT AND SYLVIA AND STARKY DID A COUPLE OF ELEPHANT RALIES WITH HIM AND ALWYN LATE 60SWE SAW HIM AT THE WHITE POST CHRISTMAS MEAL AND THE LAST TWO SKEGGY REUNION ALTHOUGH WE SEE ALWYN EVERY COUPLE OF MONTHS. ASH AND OLD ACE MIGHT ALSO REMEMBER HIM TOO .

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I've been on this forum a few years now, I'd better put up a few pics of mine, past and present. Currently in the stable; 1942 Harley-Davidson WLC; one of 88,000 produced by the company duri

O happy days; and some sad ones. Top picture is me (left!) and pal Johnny Bennett at a trials meeting at Bevercotes in September 1959. John's mother had the tuffee shop on Nuthall Road. Emigrated to S

Posted Images

great love it ktj just wish i could get in that side car but they too high for me to lift my leg

• 2 weeks later...

our friend don still got his bright red norton commando and still rides it regular brigh red brough from new in fabulous condition he also still has his bsa goldie and still rides that too both are in great nick always polished and lookiing really good whenever i see him out on them he also shows them on both norton club ,and gold star stands at som of the local stands but as he rides them to the shows he can only take one at a time so takes it in turns wich one he is taking out sez unless it is riden to the show not worth showing and its cheating o say as new when not got more than 20 miles on clock its obvious all its ever done is be shown not riden so it wont get dirty .

Nice photo's Plantfit, I have owned several of the featured bikes. The A1O of course, and the AJS 31, the Matchless G3H and G11, and what might be an Ariel Mod H, I had the girder forks version. It is obvious those bikes were ridden to the show, which is how it should be.

well said old ace just what i said earlier only eight weeks or 54 days to go now for skeggy reunion carnt come soon enough for me this year are you still comming

Takes ya back a few decades,nice to see the old machines so well looked after.

Never had a BSA,always stuck to Triumphs,sure like to see some pic's on this thread.

Not a British classic I know but this is the one Ewan Mcgregor rode during his and Charlie Boremans epic "Long way round" ride

longwayround.jpg

Once again Coventry transport museum

Rog

The Manx Norton was in my mind the best looking bike ever, if I were picky the one thing that let it down was the too vertical rear suspension units, that said it wasn't built for it's looks but they didn't do a bad job did they? Used to think the BSA DBD34 was class too, but the standard headlight and brackets etc make it look a bit "off" these days? There was another classic in my opinion, pictured below

http://www.spookytoms.com/1972CB750-Im-2.jpg

I understand Norton are racing in the TT this year with a V4 purpose built racer

Rog

My dad was about 21 here which makes the photo 1935. Not sure what make of bike he's on, but do know it was taken on Cheltenham St, Old Basford.

20125.jpg