Motor Cycle Enthusiast Page

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I've been on this forum a few years now, I'd better put up a few pics of mine, past and present. Currently in the stable; 1942 Harley-Davidson WLC; one of 88,000 produced by the company duri

O happy days; and some sad ones. Top picture is me (left!) and pal Johnny Bennett at a trials meeting at Bevercotes in September 1959. John's mother had the tuffee shop on Nuthall Road. Emigrated to S

Posted Images

was told tonight that bas redgate had passed away too in the last couple of weeks paul eyres told me down m.f.n. tonight then piggy said he was told last thursday and he forgot to tell me so thats three in a week izzabelle dave moult and baz.

sorry every one we have just been informed that we have been given about baz redgate is wrong and baz is still with us and has not died sorry if this information has upset peopleespecially baz and his family but was only going on what we had been toldbut glad to say just another of them horrible rumurs in future i will have to make sure the information comes from correct sourse, sorry again for any upset caused by this post.

piggy and babs, take heart in the fact that Baz has now joined a list of notable persons:-

Mark Twain: - "The reports of my death are an exaggeration' and,

Alice Cooper: - "I'm alive and drunk as usual".

For more : - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_premature_obituaries

i like tevs link too but ill have to check my info sources better before i post next time

PortPerryontClassicCarShow001.jpgI Saw this motorcycle last week in 'Port Perry" Ont at a car show.Is it a Russian bike (URAL) ?.
JuneTriptoengland153.jpgSaw these six foot long tin motorcycles on a wall in storeacross from Matalan in Sutton in Ashfield. Nice for Parlour wall hey.

yes thats right micheal named after the mountains we were offered one last year for a reasoable priceand we had the money at the time but it was just too difficult for me to climb in and out of the sidecar cunfy once i got in though

Not being a Biker, or even an enthusiast, are the above machines with 60's names basically the same 60's engineering in posh frocks?

OshawaOnt4July2012010.jpg?t=1341519673This Flaming Harley Davidson was parked outside Oshawa Walmart this morning,when we went to local coffee shop.

Not being a Biker, or even an enthusiast, are the above machines with 60's names basically the same 60's engineering in posh frocks?

You could say that about the Harley, but it does have belt drive and that goes back to the early 1900's.

The Norton has a rotary engine, that goes back to the 50's at least, with the German firm NSU , even so that Norton was pretty advanced for the early 80's when it was was made.

The Triumph is nothing like the roadburners of the 60's

OLDACE your post just made me think of someone I knew who rode with the Aces back in 63/64, mentioned him on another thread "Mods & Rockers" I think, just wondered if you were riding with them back then. His name was Alec and he lived on Silverdale.