Motor Cycle Enthusiast Page

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I've been on this forum a few years now, I'd better put up a few pics of mine, past and present. Currently in the stable; 1942 Harley-Davidson WLC; one of 88,000 produced by the company duri

O happy days; and some sad ones. Top picture is me (left!) and pal Johnny Bennett at a trials meeting at Bevercotes in September 1959. John's mother had the tuffee shop on Nuthall Road. Emigrated to S

Posted Images

Nice to see the old bikes,I see one of them has the suffix letter D for 1966,the riders/pillions were also using hand signals,no flashing lights in them days,

On your turf Cliff Ton, I remember the rockers racing up Southchurch drive,turning round at the Holy Trinity and racing back to Saint Francis church,fast and furious,

Rog

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I seem to remember my dad telling me of  Brough producing  a motorbike with twin rear wheels?

9 hours ago, Brew said:

I seem to remember my dad telling me of  Brough producing  a motorbike with twin rear wheels?

Wouldn't that be a motortrike?

1 hour ago, denshaw said:

There's one now with twin front wheels, Piaggio? Very popular in France.

Never seen one down here.

Correction: remember there was one on Cannes a few months ago. I think it was over from Italy (which is not very far away). Created quite a lot of interest but not seen one since.

I haven't posted here for a while, I was looking for information on Blacknell Sidecars, they had a shop at 9 Derby Road at one time and in 1959 had a new factory at the Wharf, Gregory Street, Lenton.

Last year I finally started restoring my 1966 Triumph Tiger 90, I bought the bike in 1969 but for the last 40 years it has languished in various sheds and garages and suffered a bit over the years. I just didn't have the time or money to do anything about it until I retired a few years ago.I stopped working on it in the winter as I only have a leaky asbestos garage to work in, I prefer to work outside in the sun so I'm still waiting to start again.;) It's a little more advanced now than in the photo, the front forks and rear shocks are now fitted. 

38922731574_bdd6919f00.jpg39601258632_13649c750d_z.jpg

• Like 3

Does anyone have any information on Nottingham made Blacknell Sidecars? either Shops, Factories or products. I can remember in the mid 1960's you could buy second hand combinations for about £25

27491401968_b1c0c50b04_b.jpg

• 1 month later...

T E Lawrence, killed on his Brough Superior , is known by most. He was due to collect a new model, much correspondence between him and George Brough about it exists. After his death GB sold the Brough that Lawrence was going to take.Here is the only known photo of it. Last heard of in Bedford in the 1960s .It was a 'Two of Evrything' 8/75  SS100 JAP engined machine. Two carbs, two magnetos,two oil pumps.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I reckon the bike outof the dozens I have owned,for the best fun and games we did thousands of miles on it ,the dragon rally ,Isle ofMan TT ,loads of rallies it was a BSA M20 ex WD with wooden box sidecar  ,cost me 3/9d in bits happy days, and millions of laughs.

• Like 1

I,ve always fancied a Harley 45  ,foot clutch hand changesounds like a bit of a challenge,there used to be a ladcalled mick who used to ride one around Beestoni in the late 60s

• 2 weeks later...

Went for a walk round MFN at Shipley Boat last night, there were scores of bikes there to look at, some new & some old, got yabbering to a few blokes as well, frindly crowd. Had a cheeseburger - well you have to don't you? There were some pretty girls there dressed in leather, PHWOAR, also some not so pretty girls, lol...

Have been to shipley boat several times great place some excellent groups on monday and wednesday seems to be bike night  lots of great bikes and friendly banter but groups dont start until 9pm most bikers are gone by then meeowed