Motor Cycle Enthusiast Page

I bought a new 350 Indian Enfield in about 1983. I enjoyed it but had its failings. Was quite reliable but electrics were a pain. Kept burning out the rectififier regulator until it was changed for a Lucas zener. Seized up well nipped up once but it was up a very long hill and not run in. I think the new ones are okay ish. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I've been on this forum a few years now, I'd better put up a few pics of mine, past and present. Currently in the stable; 1942 Harley-Davidson WLC; one of 88,000 produced by the company duri

O happy days; and some sad ones. Top picture is me (left!) and pal Johnny Bennett at a trials meeting at Bevercotes in September 1959. John's mother had the tuffee shop on Nuthall Road. Emigrated to S

Posted Images

anyone got any bsa m series bits for sale m20/21 or ohv, this topic has set me wanting one again,I also have lots of triumph stuff to swop sell and barter

• 3 weeks later...

Went to MFN again on Wednesday & there was a Honday 50 there the same as I had when I was 16, I showed to my wife Sue: she said "is that it?" & fell about laughing. Hmph, so not fair, really blew the wind out of my sails...

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bassingham village show last Saturday

P1060832.jpg

P1060833.jpg

Triumph, think it might be a 500cc,not sure of the year,late teens early twenties?

Rog

• Like 2

The van took me a second or two. I thought 'what's clever about that', then I saw the car.... derr

Just now, Brew said:

I still have three Phil, wanna buy one?

Although my wife lets me do as I wish, within reason, I just think she might think I've flipped over the edge. A friend who is 75 turns up to the pub on a big Harley and he goes to the TT every year. His wife, however, is now up in the sky so he is a totally free agent. My wife was quite happy about me renewing my pilot's licence; there's just the medical to pass! I think I'll get my hip sorted first. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Ewan McGregor's  BMW GS he rode on his epic "long way round" ride with Charley Boorman,the bike is now in the Coventry transport museum

long_way_round.jpg

Rog

• 3 months later...
On 6/12/2018 at 7:16 PM, swe62 said:

I,ve always fancied a Harley 45  ,foot clutch hand changesounds like a bit of a challenge,there used to be a ladcalled mick who used to ride one around Beestoni in the late 60s

Great bikes, i've had my current one ten years and had another from 1995 to 2000.

Unfortunately the permitted file size on here won't let me post any of my pics.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Nice BSA and sidecar, I took this picture at the Abbey pumping staion museum Leicester, next to the Space center, well worth visiting if you are in the area,only a small place put full of interesting stuff,and it's free admission

IMAG0004.jpg

Rog

• Like 2

It would  be one of the best jobs in the world (for me) to go round getting these things in working order and driving them

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The latest pics in the Nottingham post show Roy Whartons motor cycle shop on radford road  it was packed outside there every weekend with scooters  I saw last week in the shop near the rail crossing opposite Wickes at Bullwell a wooller engine it must be mega rare now  Plus a cyclemaster in the window  meeowed