Motor Cycle Enthusiast Page

Parked next to my vintage cycle display last year at Hubberts Bridge vintage day, Raleigh Roma, not too many of these about now, I think Raleigh only did a short run of these scooters, most of them were Italian built and badged as Raleigh

P1090867.jpg

Rog

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I've been on this forum a few years now, I'd better put up a few pics of mine, past and present. Currently in the stable; 1942 Harley-Davidson WLC; one of 88,000 produced by the company duri

O happy days; and some sad ones. Top picture is me (left!) and pal Johnny Bennett at a trials meeting at Bevercotes in September 1959. John's mother had the tuffee shop on Nuthall Road. Emigrated to S

Posted Images

That is a rare thing not seen one since 60s!

As it shaft driven?

I have a sick chain driven bike in garage. Needs a ML CK1 magneto anyone got one on a shelf?

IMG-2126-2.jpg

Not shaft drive, fully enclosed chain, bit of info on here, you might have to expand it a bit to read it though, quite an interesting read

DSCF1467-2.jpg

Sorry can't help with you magneto, just took my RS1 off my Lister engine to keep in the shed till winters over, got to keep the damp out it's just had a new (well rewound) coil so need to look after it

Rog

• 7 months later...

Just had to resurrect this thread after seeing some fine motor bikes at the Heckington show today

Nice Triumph triple X75

DSCF2327.jpg

And a Bonnie made using mainly bits from the parts bin including race cams

DSCF2328.jpg

Rog

• Like 1
8 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I think I was talking to the owner and admiring that Triumph at my local last week. Did it have old style number plates?

I'll have a look today Phil, there was a couple more bikes I'll get pictures of as well

Rog

Standard yellow number plate Phil saw it again today, it's a Triumph Hurricane, I think mainly for the American market with all the flash and raked front forks

Rog

• Like 1
2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Just a coincidence then Rog. There can’t be many of them about. I was most impressed. I’ve seen it twice locally. Ridden by an elderly chap. Noisy bugger though!

The motorbike or the elderly chap?

All elderly chaps are noisy buggers Den,you'll find that out when you get old mate slywink 

Rog