Have been down the medders well Trent bridge etc and really thrilled with the embankment etc.

Took mum down and also my daughter mum had lots of memories wish caz could have been with us she is fab on stuff like that .

memories came flooding back anyway the globe which was the greyhound my dads local it's all boarded up ! Is it closed down for good I do hope not .

Ayup and welcome back Smithylass.

Last time I was in the Globe was a Notts County home game a couple of years back, and as my visits to Meadow Lane are now too few and far between (3 this year, and that's the best I've managed since we had the kids) I couldn't tell you anything other than when I went in, the spit and sawdust had gone though !

Welcome back Smithylass, Its nice to know that there is one aspect of modern Notts that is appreciated.

And we still miss Caz, :( but her memories and recollections remain with us. :)

the globe has been boarded up now for a few months , after a sucsestion of landlords in the last few years , same has happened to the indian restraunt next door i think that boarded up again too . there was talk at one time ofpulling all this down and altering the road lay out but i dont know it this will ever happen, or pub will reopen.

Sorry to hear about the Greyhound but it's done well to last this long after the council did the hatchet job on the Meadows. Our first home was two doors away at No. 8 Ryehill St. back in 1953-60, my daughter surprised the barman on our last visit some odd 20 years ago when she told him "I was born on your car park". She did explain it was in the front room at no.8 as it was then!

Ressurecting the old "Globe" picture house name didn't help did it?

• 3 weeks later...

Have been down the medders well Trent bridge etc and really thrilled with the embankment etc.

Took mum down and also my daughter mum had lots of memories wish caz could have been with us she is fab on stuff like that .

memories came flooding back anyway the globe which was the greyhound my dads local it's all boarded up ! Is it closed down for good I do hope not .

Was in the Lincoln Poacher Yesterday & they had copies of The Notts Drinker and according to that magazine "The Globe" shut for good on the 5th of May