We had a clear out in the garage yesterday, and I found an old camera which I have had for some years.

It really should not have been in the garage!

Its an Envoy wide angle, usually used by professionals.

It came into my possession when I found it chucked in a dustbin many years ago!

http://www.photomemo...d/Envoy_WA.html

I have a few such old cameras, including my beloved range of Canon FD lens fitting cameras.

The above site is good for all old cameras

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't see that as a valid reason to give up photography. Digital photography nowadays means that any Tom Dick or Harriet can enjoy the hobby of photography without incurring the exorbitant high cost

We may be able to take repetitive shots with a digital camera that we could not with 35mm due to expense. But I have to ask does that put us on a par with the professionals of yesteryear who could aff

If you could afford the film !

Wide angle viewfinder.

I have also found some early work documents and photographs that are really interesting.

Including some Nottstalgic age photographs of me :)

I bought a Zenith camera in the late 80's, it was the 'Russian Tractor' of the camera world...............................but took half decent pictures, just weighed a lot.......................

Remember my "Zenit Photo Sniper" Mick ??

Cost me about 70 quid and I flogged it for 55 about 10 years later ! That took some good , pictures , but it was just a bit to bulky to take on holiday !!

AAAAGGGHH

Just found one for sale............................... $295 !!!!!!!

http://www.zenit-camera.com/photosniper_zenit_camera.htm

Yes I remember.

I never used one though I handled one at work once.

I wonder how you would have gone on with your aircraft photography then?

It'd have certainly got some funny looks from the other 'snappers'.

As I recall, it too had a "half squeeze/ full squeeze" routine. The first 'half squeeze' released the apperture ring, which you 'cocked' before taking a shot !

At least back then you got to cock something & got a shot . The squeeze bit sounds fun also

It was quite litterally like a rifle , and to be honest , I don't know why no one has tried to design something similar for the gear we have nowadays . (Maybe they have and I've just not seen them !!)

LOL - The old Nikon F-series SLRs were noted not only for being robust (and heavy), but also for the amazing noise they made when taking a picture - not exactly a "stealth" camera!

They still use a metal shutter, one of the few SLRs that do - and although the digitals are much quieter than the old film ones, they are still pretty noisy!

It wasn't the shutter release that made a noise as such, it was when the appature ring "Thunked" as it finished making it's spring coiled way round 180 degrees of the lens cilinder!! (I ended up not cocking the apperture ring and just used my own eyesight as a judge)

Yeah - the whole thing was a mechanical wonder! Even the mirror mechanism seemed to add to the cacophony when the button was pressed! The mirror returned with a distinct "plop" sound!

• 1 year later...

I brought this up a year or so back, like I said at the time it was a April fools joke, but now looks like Nikon are going to make it a reality.

A replaceable back containing a digital sensor etc with a bottom pack that will turn old SLR cameras into digital SLR's.

As is agreed, each make and model of camera will have to have custom backs, but so what?? I've a lot of glass that could well be used once more when this hit's the market.

Sure hope they make one for the Canon FTB, John. I would love to use that camera again. I suppose I could still get some 35mm film but it is sucha hassle compared to digtal. It sure took nice pictures though. Hate to see it gathering dust in the closet but nobody wants to pay anything for them anyway.

I have a number of Canon FD series cameras from 70s-80s.

FTB(n), EF, A1 ae1, and various FD lenses Canon 24mm - 'Vivitar Series 1' 70-210

Cant wait for a back to be released.

Your Shutter shock absorber foam may require replacing, they deteriorate.

I dont know?

You will find it along the top front edge of the mirror compartment.

The thing is not all Canon backs are removable.

There is no reason why a chip cant be put on the film plane and gubbins in the film canister compartment.

However any receptor would need to be 36 x 24