'How does your garden grow?'

yes kat loved her little back yard garden with its pots and little lean too green houses i just hope mick and becca finish what she started this year and dont forget them,

heres me dont even go in my back yard my neighbors do all the gardening on both yards not that theres much to do but we have never been gardners unlike my dad.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of our cherry trees which was planted 60+ years ago, the first photo is in a book we have about the first occupants of our house, Harry Freckleton and his wife who had a photographic studio on Mar

First runners of the year some salt butter and a baked spud lovely jubbly  

That's on my to do list  nonna, chilli jam, apple and sage jelly. Just finished a batch of plum and ginger chutney. My family love them for the winter months and they make good Christmas pre

Caithness, like Notts, is based on sandstones but in our case it's 'Devonian Old Red' series overlaid with clays, Poohbear.

4th, June, 2012 :)

Rain is forecast for today but from my lounge I can see that the sun is shining brightly out there; so I'm hoping desperately that the weather forecasters aren't going to be proved right - I can get out in the garden then, plenty of jobs to be done! :)

A pair of garden Siskins this morning:

IMG_4122.JPG?gl=GB

Coal Tit:

IMG_4141.JPG?gl=GB

And Harry the Spadge:

IMG_4135.JPG?gl=GB

what a lovely garden you have compo and in such suroudings it still blends in not stand out like a sore thumb well done you for all your hard work on it.

Ayup there, don't say that - you'll have me posting more!

Compo lad, I think you're mistaken, the thingumy is a whatsit............................... :biggrin:

Turns out that the thingumy isn't a whatsit at all, it's a Centaurea montana

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!..........................get you & yer fancy names fer fings!! slywink

We learn summat gnu every day. I had been looking for the name for ages but I thought to ask on uk.rec.gardening and two people answered with the correct name.

'Centaurea Montana', good on ya Compo to find out. :)

I've two clumps of the above named, growing in my front garden; one's set against a lime Acer that complements the purple/blue of this plant - makes it stand out more.

Well save it dear Paulus,

dear Paulus,

dear Paulus.

Well save it dear Paulus,

dear Paulus,

Save it! :)

PS: never give up on a plant; don't say it's dying, either say: 'it died' or 'it thrived'.

Tankyou Jackson.....................

My Acers about to get some TLC.................................... :)

:) Well, the weather defied the weathermen today, for it was lovely, sunny and bright in my garden this afternoon. :)

The only problem being, yesterday's rain left its devastation:

The deep, crimson petals of the peonie plant were displayed on the gravel pathway and a beautiful aquilegia (columbine) I so admired, had scattered its delicate, purple petals on the lawn.

One thing's certain, the purple clematis I transplanted is now thriving happily at the side of the garden shed; even though only displaying one flower pod - I'm hopeful there'll be more.

I was glad to see the honeysuckle I bought for £1 a year back, wrapping itself contentedly around the archway into my small orchard.

A rose bush I neglected and that's set deep within a high, dense privet hedge is bursting with bright, red flowers; its beautiful blooms and buds surviving against the odds. :)

Plenty to do in the garden at this time of year.

We've had liquid sun all day......................pi$$istently............. :mellow:

What petals...................hardly any left attached

Compo can you do it to my photo please.......................................................

• Upvote 1