'How does your garden grow?'

Mary, it looks just like the frame on my camping tent. Then agen I am a Bedouin !

• Like 2
  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of our cherry trees which was planted 60+ years ago, the first photo is in a book we have about the first occupants of our house, Harry Freckleton and his wife who had a photographic studio on Mar

First runners of the year some salt butter and a baked spud lovely jubbly  

That's on my to do list  nonna, chilli jam, apple and sage jelly. Just finished a batch of plum and ginger chutney. My family love them for the winter months and they make good Christmas pre

1 hour ago, plantfit said:

Can't see your latest pics Compo, bugger        Rog

1 hour ago, nonnaB said:

I can't see Compo's photos either and I WANT TO SEE THEM.

This gets weirder.

I could see them earlier today, but I can't see them now.

CT.  I thought you and I were the same where Compo's photos were concerned,  but I can still see the bean frame and the polytunnel flowers   As you say, it's weird...

I've noticed too that the photos seem to come and go especially if you log off and log in later.

I wonder if its the iPad then I try on my laptop (. mac) and its the same.

Maybe they will turn up in a couple of weeks, or maybe the wind isn't strong enough to blow them here.

I've had the same problem but at least it's reassuring to know it's not my fault. Perhaps Compo has a secret weapon we don't know about.

Having said that,  youve got some lovely flowers Compo. :-)

• Like 1

I never actually log off - I just close the page on my iPad.

I've tried using different online photo sharing sites but still get the same result here in 'stalgia. some can see, some cannot. Sometimes I can't even see my own pictures?! I think it must be something wrong at "The other end", as we used to say in the days of black and white television.

Maybe that's yer problem Compo, your not posting yer pictures in black n white !  :sorry:

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Compo said:

Sometimes I can't even see my own pictures?! I think it must be something wrong at "The other end", as we used to say in the days of black and white television.

After you've posted the photos on Nottstalgia, do you go back to the photo sharing site and start fiddling around with them ?  Are you "tidying them up and putting them in different folders" ?

• Like 2

Wish I were clever like you Brew. I wouldn't even begin to know where to start. I'm in awe bruv.!

Quite right there's nowt' clever about it. Clever would be solving the problem not just identifying it...

21 hours ago, plantfit said:

Can't see your latest pics Compo, bugger

Rog

Nor me

6 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

After you've posted the photos on Nottstalgia, do you go back to the photo sharing site and start fiddling around with them ?  Are you "tidying them up and putting them in different folders" ?

That's I wondered.   Once my photos are in postimage, I leave well alone!

I've  just checked back and Compo's polytunnel pics are now gone.... at least I saw them before they disappeared!

Is there a clue here? It seems if someone views them soon after posting they can see them but then they disappear after a set time...

• Like 1
On 5/6/2019 at 11:48 AM, Cliff Ton said:

No, I'mnot doing any alterations or general bugg*ring about with the photos at all. I shall post another using a "link" instead of an "image address" and see if it makes any difference.....

This is a repost of one of my bluebell photos using a link instead of an image address; hands up if you can see it:

Bluebells in my little wood

So maybe I should use a link instead of trying to insert the image onto the page?  I don't know why things have changed though - I never used to have problems with photos.

Nonna: Beer traps work very well for catching slugs. Sink an old cup or glass or any old pot into the ground so that the lip is just above soil level then fill to within about half an inch of the rim with beer - they love it. I sometimes collect hundreds of slugs in one night by using a few of these traps.  Alternatively, hollow out half an orange or similar fruit skin and turn it upside down on the soil. In the early morning you should find slugs hiding beneath it. simply pick up and dispose of the slugs.

Now, I shall add a few links to some of the photos I posted the other day in the hope that anyone not able to see my photos will be able to see them:

Aremeria maritaima. Once the Threp'ny bit flower.

Eccremocarpus scaber. Chilean Glory Vine (I have seeds available [Free] if anyone wants any)

Aquilegia in the polytunnel.

Potabella mushroom spawn not quite ready for the casing.

Slug-free Hostas in the tunnel. I use pellets in the tunnel.

Current weather conditions here in Caithness

Cuckoo Pint, a native British wildflower, now flowering in the garden. Posting from a previous post of mine on my FB page suing "Copy image address" feature: 

11205019_10204397299835060_3114874081839

Compo, those leaves look big enough to dry and roll. Make a decent smoke I'll bet.  :tanning:

Errrr........... "

Arum maculatum poisoning
Herbaceous plants that produce toxic berries, such as the cuckoo pint (arum) could have their flowers removed to stop berries forming. The leaves and sap of this plant are toxic, too. 
Credit: Britain's most poisonous plants" The Telegraph.....Thinks......wonder if I can get 'er indoors to try it? 
isitsafe