'How does your garden grow?'

Ayup, BK and Phil - I expect you all look as fit as you did 20 years ago?  

• Like 5
  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of our cherry trees which was planted 60+ years ago, the first photo is in a book we have about the first occupants of our house, Harry Freckleton and his wife who had a photographic studio on Mar

First runners of the year some salt butter and a baked spud lovely jubbly  

That's on my to do list  nonna, chilli jam, apple and sage jelly. Just finished a batch of plum and ginger chutney. My family love them for the winter months and they make good Christmas pre

I think you are all being very rude and disrespectful to a woman who obviously knows there's more to a person than their outward appearance.    She should NOT be an object to be judged.   In fact, I think a person should never be judged by their body shape - that's that particular person's business, not our's

• Like 5

Yo tell em Margie,,,beat me to it,,.............i'd still stick 2 Cherries in her Babycham.............:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Maybe I don't look like I did twenty years ago, but then again, I'm not presenting a programme on TV. Not referring to her size but appearance. There's no excuse for not putting a comb through ones hair. As to my appearance, my gp still won't accept I'm 76, not with my skin,she says !

28 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I try to stay in trim. I’m not obese. She’s probably had some psychological problems over the years plus a few drops of the demon drink.

Do you suppose she may be on steroids ?

I never put a comb through my hair......Jeeze, I have no hair to put a comb through....LOL

54 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Ayup, BK and Phil - I expect you all look as fit as you did 20 years ago?  

Just a bit "oder" about the same weight and still have very little hair, what bit I have is just greyer.

• Like 1

Never in my life had a ponytail Dave, longest I had my hair was in the disco days when I worked at Boulby, mostly because I couldn't find the time to go to Redcar where the barbers shops were.

These days I get the wife to give me a very close cut, what bit I have, can't stand it long, ie longer than one inch, I feel like Willie Nelson at that stage...LOL

• Like 1

Charlie D was warned by her doctor to lose some weight, as it was beginning to cause her to be short of breath, and adversely affecting her blood pressure.

SG, Acers don't like too much direct sunlight, as the're basically a woodland tree.

Thanks Brew and Fly for the information. My back garden gets sun all day as it is south facing, so have moved her into my side room off the kitchen near the french windows to see if that helps. I am going to “bonsai” her so I wont end up with a full grown tree in there! She looks good there actually.

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Show us a picture SG.

What of the plant or the woman you want to objectify? I'm disappointed people I respect on this site can be so shallow... 

What on Earth are you alluding to Brew ? I was referring to SGs attempt at Bonsai on an Acer. I would be most interested in little trees, especially if SG can successfully miniaturise the said Acer. What do you think I am ? Some sort of tree pervert !:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Brew said:

RR my reply was to BK..

How do you get screenshots on an iPad?

Hold down the power button on the top of the iPad, then press the round button at the bottom.

I think it's time for me to remove myself from the site when an ex Moderator pulls me up for a very rare quoting on my part. I'll say goodbye to everyone now.

Re "quoting"

It is quite easy to use your cursor and just highlight the relevant words you want to quote with your mouse, touchpad or finger, then take your finger off and you will be prompted "quote selection". Just "click" this and that is all that will be quoted.

That should keep everyone happy.

It is also sad to see some of the more poisonous elements of anti-social media starting to make an appearance on this site.