'How does your garden grow?'

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of our cherry trees which was planted 60+ years ago, the first photo is in a book we have about the first occupants of our house, Harry Freckleton and his wife who had a photographic studio on Mar

First runners of the year some salt butter and a baked spud lovely jubbly  

That's on my to do list  nonna, chilli jam, apple and sage jelly. Just finished a batch of plum and ginger chutney. My family love them for the winter months and they make good Christmas pre

Try this photo, Gang........ Going for the rustic look with my bean frame this season. Re-use and waste not. That's been my motto since long before it became a populist mantra:

58978282_10214228986901092_9032004159754

• Like 4

I can see this photo, Compo...... I like the look of the old frame, better than using bamboo canes.

• Like 2

They are old branches from long ago felled Spruce trees in a wood over the road from me, Margie.  Instead of letting them rot I took some over for use as suppports.  They are sturdy and picturesque but best of all....FREE! :)

Hang on a sec....I can't see the picture any longer; it's vanished?! No, wait...it's back.  What the flip is going on?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Compo said:

Hang on a sec....I can't see the picture any longer; it's vanished?! No, wait...it's back.  What the flip is going on?

Dunno Compo quite a few of us are seeing pics intermittently. I thought my settings had changed with an automatic update but everything is as it should be so no idea...

• Like 1

Well mine are pale and English. A bit how I feel at the moment ! noblue nah, just backache !

Can anyone see these photos? Images from my polytunnel yesterday.

Armeria maritima (Thrift - former threp'ny bit flower)

rUo-spQgyC9D-rRh9iyl89dILquiYyYs3uabztKP

Eccremocarpus scaber (Chilean Glory Vine). Free seeds available to those who want some.

mq3sr3LR9WcpxS3mSsP6vRbeLCfKgzklpak9H9_a

Aquilegia

CWKkabMZ5BOEA6YVie1eD2CVtlBG2bqW6FmjWWdr

Hostas

FxHZ43x3yjahGnQCrki1SV7IUcW9795o5MeWbUf8

Mushroom spawn growing away merrily in the shed. It is sown in barley straw.  

y8-hzQs0-V6eyAcqDiTiYmm2zOGv9earIWlVnbr-

I can see all your photos  Compo, and they are lovely.  I have lots of white aquilegia out at the moment, but in the open....not a polytunnel (it's warmer down here in East Anglia!). My hosta are smaller than yours, though.  

That's what comes from being posh Margie. A better class of Hostas in Cambs.

Would someone posh like you Margie need to have a ninja living in the garden shed to rake in the designs each day or can you manage it?     :ph34r:

• Like 1

Margie, is there any truth in the rumour that you belong to the Fenland Mountain Rescue team??:tease:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MargieH said:

I can see all your photos  Compo, and they are lovely.  I have lots of white aquilegia out at the moment, but in the open....not a polytunnel (it's warmer down here in East Anglia!). My hosta are smaller than yours, though.  

Margie we've just planted some Hosta and we're worried they are going to get eaten before we can put the gravel down and treat round them with egg shells. What do you do ? I don't want to put slug pellets down because of the dogs who love to wander around.

I can't see Compo's photos either and I WANT TO SEE THEM.

My hostas are in big pots which stand on trays of coarse grit.  They usually stay slug-free

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Can't see your latest pics Compo, bugger

Rog

Poor Rog, I've seen Compos Hostas, but I understand he's using medicated lotions for 'em .

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, MargieH said:

My hostas are in big pots which stand on trays of coarse grit.  They usually stay slug-free

Do you mean to say Margie, that the slugs around your area don't have ladders ??

• Like 3
2 hours ago, MargieH said:

I was thinking more of a flat 'Japanese type' garden ....

AHH!!! running water, wind chimes, peace. and tranquillity can't think of any thing better MargieH

• Like 1
On 5/2/2019 at 3:51 PM, Compo said:

Try this photo, Gang........ Going for the rustic look with my bean frame this season. Re-use and waste not. That's been my motto since long before it became a populist mantra:

58978282_10214228986901092_9032004159754

Its a good job your not in the Olympic's as a javlin thower.

• Like 1