• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SOMETIMES the 'modern world' gains a jaundiced reputation. The majority of friends that post here involve ourselves in looking back - not in anger but in pleasure and nostalgia at the things we've don

As I posted on Babs "Some very sad news",the radio was playing 'God only knows'. I think that answers our question "why", such things happen. May you be at peace forever. Good night and God bless.

yes fynger its friday 15th sorry i was not feeling too good last night, stopped taking my new meds so lets hope i am feeling better today.

stu i am sure kats family will treasure those thought in the months years to come when they feel up to reading this post. i know i do and will still very much in shock about this. buti know the reality will hit home soon.

Sorry to here this, Never met but it seemed you were part of our little family here RIP

R.I.P. Kat, never had the privilege of meeting her, but condolences to all Kat's friends & family, nothing else to say at such a sad time.

I never met Kat nor saw her posts in the group but it is always a sad day when any member or friend dies. Good luck Kat - wherever you are. X

Yes this has come as a real shock, i met Kat quite a few times at meet ups. She was always witty and pleasant. Condolences to her family and i will miss reading her posts. Dennis.

kats husband rang me on saturday night said he had been given a provisional date of friday 15th june at 10 am for kats funeralbut he got to go and see funeral directors on wednessday for final arrangements so i will let you all know as soon as i know more i had quite a long chat with him and he still very much in shock but would like to thank every one for there kind thought and good wishes . he is not feeling up to reading them yet but i am sure he will read them as time passes and he feels more able

Oh my god, RIP kat, someone i spoke to quite alot on the forum about garden things & spooky stories, spiritual topics, i never had the privilidge to meet her though, but its amazing how i can be touched by the death of someone i only spoke to online, you really get to feel like you know them even if it is via a forum dont you! My god, im so shocked, i really am! It makes you think too, a ashtma attack? My mother suffers from asthma quite bad, i remember her having a few bad attacks as a child, knowing asthma can take your life makes me worry about her all the more.

May Kat rest in piece, god bless her.

:) I must make time to find some of Carltongal's writing that she did for 'Nottstalgia'. I remember a piece she wrote of her days at school, dancing around the Maypole; when she wrote it was with a youthful breathlessness, as though she was ceasing back a precious time that had once been hers.

i did not know kat in the junior school only from age 11 years at senior school and she was always quite sporty despite her asthma as our friend shiela said when i told her on sunday after she came back from her holidays she remembers when we first met kat at the senior school with her ginger busy hair and cheeky grin and the mischief we all used to get into especialy kat with her cousin linda who was also in our year at school and also went to junior school with sheila and myself. linda was always getting at into trouble they once locked the pe teacher in the changing room all over lunch timeas our changing rooms were under the school and not near any other part of the school no one could her her shouts of help untill the girls went to change for lessons after lunch

been today to the last day of my favorire flower festival at hollingsclough in stafford shire kat mick and becca came with us last year and it was a really sunny day spent a few mins in the little chapple thinking about her we then went to mony ash to the well dressings were we also went took a pic of kat sitting near the duck pond too cold to sit there today

Although I have not been a member of this site for very long it is always sad to read of events like this, my condolences to family and friends, from reading this thread she will surely be missed by many, R.I.P

Laurence