A young lad from Clifton, Nottingham, currently getting some airplay on the radio and he was on the Jools Holland a couple of weeks ago.

Reminds me of Guthrie / Dylan and that's not a bad style to follow.

Zab, one to watch...................I agree with Jackson, he could be the new Bob Dylan..........................but would sooner be the old Jake Budd!! I'm sure...............

Filmed in Holland?

He's got a distinctive voice all his own.

He can play an instrument.

He has good material.

There is not much modern cultured crap I like.

Not many modern songs I immediately take a liking to

But this guy is OK.. and I lkie the song.

• 4 months later...

Today, Jake Bugg has become the youngest British male to debut at number 1 in the history of the album charts - a great day for him and for Nottingham.

The album is well worth getting, I think it's on Spotify if you want to listen to it first.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My niece was waiting outside Rock City (about half past 4) when Jake Bugg-head down-walked past with a couple of friends. He was surprised that she recognised him. She didn't let on that she'd "know that little nose anywhere".

Sis' and I arrived much later (in time for the second support). Jake was great-played the songs from his CD and Folsom Prison Blues.

Being a Springsteen fan I was surprised to be home by 10.30 though......and that included a visit to Tesco for some emergency bagals.

He's up for a Brit next week..................And to cap it all..........................He's a Notts County fan !!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been following him for a while as my nephew was in his backing duo in the earlier days .Seen here at Glastonbury 2011 in the red shirt .

• 4 months later...
radfordred

Member Since 26 Dec 2004

You expect me to remember back to 2005?

Reset? How about just keeping the posts and resetting you back to the future :)

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

My daughter has tickets for a Black Keys concert this coming November in Phoenix and Jake Bugg is the supporting act. I gave her a heads up seeing how they were both born in the same city.

• Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...