Just been watching, on Beeb & ITV, previously unseen (by us serfs) footage from the private collection of the Royal Family, our wonderful Queen with us almost all of my life took on a huge role as monarch at the age of 24.......................I know she's had some help with the domestic stuff (LOL) but what a privilege it is to have such a Monarch, long may she reign over us.

God save the Queen.................... :) :) :) :) :) :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From elsewhere: I was walking down The Mall with a friend at the weekend when he turned to me and said, "Seeing all those flags on display makes me so proud of my country." "But Chan, you're Chines

Nice to see Her Majesty cruise majestically down the Thames while the rest of us drift aimlessly up Sh1t Creek

A time when the future was ours & we came first, nowadays this would be condemned as a far right nationalist march    

I remember the coronation and the kids party on Denman St in Radford which was run by the Buffs, we all got a small coronation hanky and a silver plated spoon. Also remember running across the Forest as a small boy to catch a glimse of her as she went by.

God Bless Her!

unionflag

God save our gracious Queen,

Long live our noble Queen,

God save the Queen.

Send her victorious,

Happy and glorious,

Long to reign over us,

God save the Queen.

Three cheers for her majesty:

Hip, hip hoorah,

hip, hip hoorah,

hip, hip hoorah.

unionflag

I retired last year after 50 years of work...some easy,some damned hard...Funny but I've never seen a single flag being waved at me.Or the millions of others that did the same...not even a bloody knighthood.And I've never been given free travel or a banquet.

England was a Republic once 1645-67,under Oliver Cromwell,the 'common people' were given the chance to own the land they worked on.

He instituted many laws to help the down trodden and abused people of England.

This was all taken away at the start of the 'Reformation',an exuse for the rich and privileged to return to the old ways.

They were so desperate,they chose a Dutch prince, 'William of Orange' and we all know what that started.

Yeah!....the common people still worked the land...but all the profits went to Charlie...cos he owns the Duchy of Cornwall. Cos they nicked it off us.

And now they tell us that Charlie pays for himself...shame about the peasants!!

Nottstalgians.................What a curmudgeonly lot some of you are......................I echo Jacksons response & suggest you detractors from the sovereign state, compare our lot to that of Republics & Dictatorships

But of course everyoner to his/her opinion, we are after all a free country....................God Bless the Queen .............. :victory:

• Upvote 1

'Think yourself lucky...you could have been born in Iran...or North Korea.'

The times I hear this argument as an excuse for putting up with the morons and their lackies that run this country.

The problems they have in their countries is for them to sort out...damn all to do with us.

The fact is, the Royal Family don't run this country, so where does that leave the 'Morons & their lackies' statement?

My original intention with this post was re' the Diamond Jubilee, not to challenge anyones opinion on the politics of this sceptred isle............................

My comment was meant to infer 'once I start the floodgates will open ' and I then went off on a tirade aimed at all and sundry who think it's clever to attempt degrade a system envied the world over.

I then had a change of heart and took pity on the poor deluded fools who think it right and proper to blame someone ( who had no choice in the matter as to whether they were born with 'Blue Blood' or not,) for their own particular position in the world.

The "Royal Family" do a bloody fine job , regardless of what the "Closit Cromwells" think. You only have to look at the opinion of 90% of our hereditory population. That speaks reams more than I can say without blowing my top.

So as not to single people out I shall generalise. You get free travel when you retire. I bet your former work coleagues put the flags out to see you go . And anybody who has fled these fair shores , has no right whatsoever to have a pop at the system inherant in their former home. You left , end of. We don't slag off Obama , you leave 'Her Maj alone !!

madashellwereno1slywink

• Upvote 2

Hear, Hear, Beefsteak old chap!! .........................I resemble those remarks................

As for you lot that left this green & pleasant land..................... :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: ........................ :victory:

thats the best thing about england we still have freedom of speech evenwhen some dont like it and some try to keep us quiet. and we must stand up and fight for our right to keep having the right of free speech .

and despite what anyone thinks of our royals as inderviduals as a whole they do a good job in helping our econemy by bringing in the torests from alover the world.