Guest Pixie.

Ah i see, in that case im having two birthdays muahaha! I had to make a new account because my other account went to mobile format, i think i went on the forum with my phone too much, i couldnt change it, so i gave up and made a new account. I explained all in my 'welcome back' message on the oo are ya thread :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From elsewhere: I was walking down The Mall with a friend at the weekend when he turned to me and said, "Seeing all those flags on display makes me so proud of my country." "But Chan, you're Chines

Nice to see Her Majesty cruise majestically down the Thames while the rest of us drift aimlessly up Sh1t Creek

A time when the future was ours & we came first, nowadays this would be condemned as a far right nationalist march    

The reason her Maj has two birthdays, is so that on her official birthday, held in summer we can celebrate it in better weather. (Which is not the real one by the way , daft as it seems)

Any way great concert , shame it was spoilt by 'Sir' Paul McCartney still thinking he can sing . I don't know, the last few times I've seen him for some reason he seems to have lost his voice .

Sir Paul can still probably/possibly sing better than most of us...............................Sir Cliff struggled, as did Sir Elt', but Sir Tom did us proud

Followed with interest the various posts and views on the subject of the Diamond Jubilee and the role of the Monarchy in this present age.

For a number of years, this country has had calls from politicians, business people and the community for us to drop the Queen and become a Republic.

However, on every visit to this country by various members of the royal family, the crowds are unbelievable wherever a royal goes and the public demonstrations of love and respect are amazing. But, when the Queen visits Australia, the crowds are even greater and the feeling for the Queen is clearly visible from all ages, races and religions.

It is on record that the Republican Movement out here has stated that they wished that the Queen would stop visiting Australia as it puts back the call for a Republic by 20 years each time.

I have no doubt that Australia will become a Republic and the common belief is that will occur when she dies or, gives Charles the reins to reign.

I personally have no time for the nobs, snobs, hangers-on and the 'born with a silver spoon in the mouth' types who are so far up themselves that they have not seen the sun in a long time. Apparently you can buy a title over there now instead of earning it at the point of a sword, gun or provision of poison like in the good old days of yore.

Seriously though, the fact remains that she is popular with the majority of people wherever she goes and the Diamond Jubilee is just further proof.

So let the royalists enjoy their celebrations and cheer for the Queen. It would appear that there is enough rain on the parade over there without adding to it.

• Upvote 1

Lots of USA bashing on here cant see why we get attacked when we comment on England

Ok we left for what i think was for the better it doesnt mean that i suddenly became American.

You have lots of people coming to England for the same reason to better themselves & you help them,

Over here you are on your own.

Ps Didnt the USA save Britain from the Gerry's & i cant remember England having any oil back then either

PPs i thought the royals were German anyway

Ps Didnt the USA save Britain from the Gerry's & i cant remember England having any oil back then either

Only cos they got twatted at Pearl harbour cos it was Sunday and they were all in bed. :biggrin:

I don't mind the Yanks....Except Little House On The Prairie and the Waltons...I'll never forgive 'em for that.

PS...it's Jerries....that spelling is for the Pacemakers and Springer... :tongue:

• Upvote 1

Looks like the bubble overdid things? in hospital, a spokesman said he phoned NHS Direct and after a 3 hour wait for a return phone call made his way there by taxi where 4 hours later he was diagnosed as having a bladder infection

ps re WW2, we had oil then dgbrit, the yanks dug wells at Eakring, 47 million barrels were extracted in total

As far as i know the family have german roots, apparently some of their roots were 'inbreads' cousins being with cousins but that could be a rumour. I watched a program about the royal family a while back, the hidden family members, it was quite touching, how she has two disabled nieces who she pushed into a home and they get no publicity, very little amount of people even know about them... it shown a completely different side to the Queen people think they 'know'

Excellent that we should know of the Queen's family history; she's only human. Although she could be described as Superhuman, considering the good job she does representing her state at such a grand age. Long live the Queen. :)

And who are these "Two disabled nieces" ?? As she only had the one sister they'd have to be the children of Princess Margaret, and she only had two kids, who are very much in the public eye still (Lady Sarah Armstrong Jones and Lord Snowdon , AKA Viscount Lindley )

Maybe you should watch these programs a bit closer instead of just 'guessing' what they are talking about !

And to try to keep the peace between the US of A and good old Great Britain

DukeswoodandHucknall003.jpg

A memorial to the American oil men who found the stuff in Nottinghamshire

Rog

The German roots you mention Pixie, could be the husband of queen Victoria,Albert,her first cousin,prince of Saxe-Coberg

and Gotha.

Rumors abounded after she gave birth to 7? children,that 2 more were born as 'imbeciles' due to the fact they were first

cousins.There has never been evidence of these rumors.

The other German monarch that comes to mind is George the 1st,of Hanover.

I will stand mistaken, they wernt her Nieces, they were her cousins, they were banished to an asylum because of their disabilities, the program was on quite a few weeks back, it did show another side to the queen herself & the other members of the family as theres quite a few family members who are pushed out of the lime light. But, she is human like te rest of us, shes never put a foot wrong as queen for as far as i know & i respect her greatly. Im not sure if the cousins are still around, i think, if i recall correctly one passed away, but not entirely sure. If you google it, theres quite a few pages about it.

From another group:

Stewards for the Jubilee Thames thing were told they had to work unpaid and MIGHT then get a job at the Olymics, were bussed in and dumped under a bridge to sleep. Locals were banned from walking down roads to the Thames. Hurrah for Queenie, say I, at least she lets you know whose side she's on...

True? I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me.

Kaiser Wilhelm II, first world war German leader, was the nephew of King Edward the VII.

The house of Windsor (Present Queen Lizzy 2) was: "... founded by King George V by royal proclamation on the 17 July 1917, when he changed the name of his family from the German Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (a branch of the House of Wettin) to the English Windsor, due to the anti-German sentiment in the United Kingdom during World War I. Currently, the most prominent member of the House of Windsor is Queen Elizabeth II, the reigning monarch of the Commonwealth realms."

Source: Wiki.

I wanted to go to the beacon lighting! But couldnt as baby's in bed by 9 :( hope it was a good night though for all that went!

Looks like they nicked the beacon off the Queen's sparkly hat.

• Upvote 1