• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon you're next Fynger when they reinstall the route to Ripley! Then theres the GCR tunnels from weekday cross to gregory blvd and from there they can shut down all the shops in Sherwood maybe e

Trams would be ok if they had their own tracks, away from the public highway, so that if they broke down, as they do regularly, the traffic flow would be unaffected.. They could be called trains - or

My kids are grown up, so why should I pay anything towards education. Yes, it's a silly argument. If we all chose to pay for only the things we need or require, the country would be in utter turmoil.

You can if you live in Bulwell! I can walk to my local station and catch a train to Nottingham, Newark or Lincoln. City dwellers can catch a bus to almost anywhere. Buses can go up into the estates and provide a convenient door to door service. You’ve got to live on or near a tram route for that to be of any use.

• Like 2

Maybe but I don't live in Bulwell, or within walking distance of a station. Yes, buses are the best. But the train isn't the same as a tram though, is it. Couldn't get on one in Slab Square with all the missus's shopping bags.

• Like 1

I must try that next time I come over to Nottingham on the train from Newark,usually jump on the tram but will look for the train to Bulwell

Rog

Can't see it getting any better Phil, they haven't use the "Leaves on the line" excuse yet ,thats to come I think

Rog

I use the tram nearly every day & yes it has it's problems(overhead wires today) but most of the trams problems are NOT of itls own making.

To say how heavily the tram is used (one every 5 minuets in each direction between Highbury Vale & Nottingham railway station) the tram is quite reliable.

No form of transport is ever trouble free and all you out of town folks don't criticise until you have used it a few times & it's still heaps better than the bus 

• Upvote 1

I do agree with you Bubblewrap although I rarely use the tram as we have a bus every 3 or 4 minutes into town from the end of our road, whereas we’d need to drive or hike to the Forest Park & Ride to catch a tram.  Where the tram wins hands down for us is the convenience of getting to QMC and not having the hassle of finding a parking space and paying ridiculous parking charges.  When I was in hospital in the summer my husband drove to the Forest, got a tram almost immediately and was right there at QMC in 15 mins, quicker than he could have driven and it cost him nothing. He says he also was able to work out the layout of the city by riding on the tram(he’s not Nottingham born and bred like most of us on here)  

• Upvote 1

Just a couple of points BW.

Surely the frequency of proposed use was known before the system/trams were built and the equipment built to the required spec. That is like saying 'if you use your boiler more than twice a day expect problems' something you would not put up with.

And if the myriad of problems are NOT of the trams making....then who is making them/sabotaging the system.